8th December 2019, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Opportunities in Indian Railways for an 11th Science student? Qualifications required to secure reputed posts in Indian Railways?

Hi Sir/Madam, I have passed my 10th from Andhra Pradesh Board. I am currently studying in 11th standard from the same Board and taken Science stream. I want to make my career in Indian Railways. Can I know what are the opportunities available in this sector? And also let me know what qualifications are required for getting reputed posts in this sector?

11th December 2019, 06:31 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Opportunities in Indian Railways for an 11th Science student? Qualifications required to secure reputed posts in Indian Railways?

You can join Indian Railway after 12th science but you have to opt for physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects.

There is an exam taken by UPSC for candidates calledSCRA

SCRA
After selection candidate will be trained for 4 years under Railways at BITS, Mesra or Ranchi.
After successful completion of training candidate will be awarded with a bachelor of engineering mechanical degree.

Eligibility;
- Candidate must be 12th passed with first class for 2nd class in must have studied mathematics as one of the main subjects and either chemistry or physics also.

- Candidate must be minimum 17 years old and maximum 21 years old before 1st August.

Registration for this exam is started in the month of October every year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?