16th August 2018, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 10th Odisha Board to become an IPS Officer?

I am studying in 10th standard from Odisha Board. I am weak in studies but my aim is to become an IPS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 10th Board exam from this Odisha Board so that I can achieve my aim?

31st August 2018, 01:29 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th Odisha Board to become an IPS Officer?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for selection you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted in three stages. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

No minimum required aggregate to appear in examination. So, you can appear in examination after bachelor degree. To get detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2018, 02:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No minimum required aggregate to appear in Civil Service examination conducted for recruitment of an I.A.S, I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages :- Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

For more information you can visit the official website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2018, 05:41 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required to be fulfilled for appearing in the Civil Services examination are as here under :-

i) You must hold the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Marks in any academic degree is not considered while deciding the eligibility of a candidate for appearing in the same examination.

So, you do not have to be worried about the percentage of marks which you need to secure in order to be eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination and therefore to become an IPS officer.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2018, 07:46 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

Eligibility criteria for Indian Police Services examination called Civil Services examination:

Academic qualification: Graduation in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply.

Aspirant just needs to have passing percentage of marks in board exams.

You can apply for Civil Services examination if you have passing percentage of marks in tenth board exam.
31st August 2018, 09:22 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S is Indian Police Service. UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination for recruitment as an officer.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you have to pursue and complete the bachelor course to appear in examination. There is no minimum required aggregate to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages. Examination is conducted in Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
1st September 2018, 07:26 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

IPS stand for Indian Police Services.

IPS is an All Indian Service and recruitment to this service is done through Civil Services examination.

Here is the eligibility criteria for this exam:

Graduates of any UGC recognized university of any discipline can apply for this prestigious examination. Your percentage of marks in 10th board is of no concern for this examination.

It does not matter. Your aim should be to score higher marks in tenth for a good academic record.
1st September 2018, 08:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Candidates with 40% marks or more in 10th standard will be sufficient.

Candidates after bachelor's degree and minimum age limit of 21 years can apply for Civil Services examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?