28th February 2019, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 12th WBCHSE Board to become an IPS Officer?

I am studying in 12th standard from WBCHSE Board. I am average in studies but my aim is to become an IPS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 12th Board exam from this WBCHSE Board so that I can achieve my aim?

3rd March 2019, 02:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th WBCHSE Board to become an IPS Officer?

No specific percentage criteria in 12th standard is required to become an IPS Officer. To become an IPS Officer, you have to appear in UPSC Civil Services examination. Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a government recognised college/ university are eligible to apply for IPS examination. The age criteria required to apply for IAS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
3rd March 2019, 04:46 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

In order to be an IPS officer, a candidate must have minimum qualification of graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
No specific percentage is required in order to appear in civil services examination but yes the candidate must have passed in all the academic exams.
3rd March 2019, 05:09 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No specific percentage is required in order to appear in civil services examination conducted by UPSC to become an IPS officer because a candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline and must have passed in all academic examination.
3rd March 2019, 09:12 PM
EducationConsultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in 12th standard from WBCHSE Board. I am average in studies but my aim is to become an IPS Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 12th Board exam from this WBCHSE Board so that I can achieve my aim?
It doesn't matter how much you scored in 12th board examination. To become an IPS officer you need to qualify in the IPS (Indian Police Services) exam which is conducted by Union public service commission (UPSC) every year. It is a competitive exam with more than 100000+ candidates participates in the exam. Those who passed in Graduation with pass marks are eligible to apply for IPS examination.

Steps to Become an IPS Officer:

Step 1 : Apply for Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

Step 2: Complete Graduation course without any standing arrears.

Step 3: After graduation apply for Civil Service examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

Step 4: Study and practice well for the Civil Service.

Step 5: Try to qualify the Civil Service with good marks.

Contact Information:
Union Public Service Commission
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, Dholpur House,
Shahjahan Road, New Delhi - 110069
Official website - https://upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?