29th July 2019, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study Commerce in Higher Secondary for a candidate with 37% in 10th Andhra Pradesh Board?

Hello everyone, I am very much confused. I have scored only 37% marks in my 10th Board exam of Andhra Pradesh Board. I live in Chandigarh and want to secure admission for Commerce stream in Higher Secondary. Kindly let me know that with this percentage of marks, I can get Commerce or not?

1st August 2019, 12:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Commerce in Higher Secondary for a candidate with 37% in 10th Andhra Pradesh Board?

Minimum you should have 65 to 75 percentage to get in the commerce.
However, to apply for admission in commerce, you do not need any minimum marks to take up Commerce as your stream. You just need to pass in all subjects.
1st August 2019, 05:01 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Commerce in Higher Secondary for a candidate with 37% in 10th Andhra Pradesh Board?

Generally, candidates who have secured more than 60% in tenth grade get admission in Commerce however, anyone who has passed in tenth is eligible to apply for admission in commerce stream.
Hence, you can apply for admission.
1st August 2019, 11:16 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission with this marks you have scored in your 10th board examination. In order to get admission in commerce stream, you will have to have scored a minimum of 50% in your boards.

Therefore, I would request you to please appear for re-examination and try to score well in the concluding year and then after scoring well in your boards, I am sure you will be allowed to get admission and can continue with your studies further.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?