19th October 2015, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Is it a problem if surname is not written in 10th marksheet?

My surname is not printed in 10th marksheet. So i want to know if this is a problem for future?

20th October 2015, 12:38 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it a problem if surname is not written in 10th marksheet?

No, there is will be no problem if your surname is not written in 10th marksheet. But you will have to mention your name without your surname in all relevant academic exams, forms for driving license, PAN card, passport etc.

However no problem will ever arise without your surname in any document in future.
20th October 2015, 01:52 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

If you have not mentioned your surname in your 10th marksheet than probably you will have to use the name in each and every document of your in future as changing your name or adding your surname later on will not prove to be fruitful for you and can cause you some trouble.
20th October 2015, 02:26 PM
work@home

Surname is defined as - A hereditary name common to all members of the family. Some times we think that our last name could me stated as surname, but most of the applications today will provide separate columns for first name, last name and surname.
10th mark list can be used as a proof of address and for several verification's, by which if you provide. Election Id, PAN card, Passport, Driving Licence - all these can also be used as proofs of identity. So there it is not a problem if your surname is not printed on the certificate, rather if any mistakes in the details furnished should be corrected so that you can use that as a proof in various official processes flawlessly.
21st October 2015, 10:29 PM
jashan13
Junior Member+

There is NO problem if you not mentioned your surname.

Problem arise if you use your surname on other document like Driving licenses ,Pan Card,Aadhar card and forget to mentioned in your 10th marksheet.

If you mentioned your surname all other documents then you need to change your name on your 10th marksheet.

5th April 2016, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

My father name is x kumar y and in 10 it is x kumar only and in 12 it is x kumar y and in bsc it is x y. And it will create a big prbm for document verification .
26th August 2016, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Is it a problem if surname is not written in 10th and 12th marksheet but in graduation marksheet surname written
29th August 2016, 07:57 PM
ashishkumarcs
Junior Member+

This will not create any problem if:

=> In all of your documents (like Admit card, Registration card, School Application form etc) your name is same.

=> In other government issued document like Aadhar card your name is same.

But if in other documents your name is not same as marksheet then it is a problem.

If you have forgotten to mention your surname at the time of filling the application form for 10th board and in all of your other documents the name is same as marksheet then no problem you can continue with this name.

For Example if your name is: Ravi Ram Singh, and in all of you document your printed name is Ravi Ram only then this is OK. Many peoples only use their first name.

But having only first name may create problem for you in future:

=> In many Online and Offline form the First Name as well as Surname is required to complete the form successfully(you can't left surname blank), then for that situation you will have to write email or application in this regard.

Otherwise if Surname is not printed in your 10th marksheet its OK.

If you want to change your name in your Marksheet you will have to write an application form to CBSE Board (application approved by your school principal) to change your name.
19th September 2016, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Sir in my 10th marksheet and 12th marksheet only Ravi is mentioned but in my B.Tech it is Ravi kumar is mentioned ie surname is absent in 10th and 12th
10 - Satender
12 - Satender
Graduation- Satender Kumar
So it will arise any probl during document varification for govt
service
10th October 2016, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

In my 10 th and 12 th class marksheet surname is jot mention . It will create a problem in future for online exams in which surname is required??
19th January 2017, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is ajay in highschool and intermediate in ajay and BA also ajay and all the proof are also ajay can any problem in government service
7th February 2017, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

In my 10th marksheet , adhaar card etc . I dont have my surname. I have only my name and my fathers name , will it be a problem when i apply for JEE main or other entrance exams?
19th February 2017, 03:29 PM
namit65786
Junior Member+

If surname is not written in the 10th marksheet then it will be a problem if you are going to seek an central/ state government job.
Hence, it is requested to add your surname in the 10th marksheet by submitting an application to the Board you have passed the examination by paying a nominal fees towards this.
8th March 2017, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir
My name is 10th and12th Ba Digree Ummed singh but my all documents pan aadharcard votar card bank mentioned surname Ummed singh Bhandari can I apply passport pl suggest
Thanks
10th March 2017, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

My 10 class markshit is not mention my surname but 12 class is mention my surname and also BA certificate mention my surname is there any problems during the document verification
7th June 2017, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir on my 10th marksheet only Himanshu is written not sir name... But when I was filling du form ..by mistake I wrote my last name also..so will there be any problem.. If yes then how can I solve it.
10th June 2017, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Only my name is written in 10th and 12th certificate. But in graduation degree my surname is also added. Is there any problem or only affidavit can use for that. Please guide. Rest of the documents is without surname.
19th June 2017, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

My 10th class marksheet not mention surname but all my other documents mention surname is there any problem while verification
27th July 2017, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

I have forgotten to mention my surname in gov job application form. But in 10 th class marksheet name is mention with surname then, is there any problem during my document verification
12th August 2017, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it a problem if my fathers surname is not written in my documents while in his national id card he is using his name with surname?
12th August 2017, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Is it a problem if my fathers surname is not written in my documents while in his national id card he is using his name with surname?
12th August 2017, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

15th August 2017, 02:43 AM
Unregistered

Want to achieve UPSC but in 10th certificate surname is not mentioned. Though all my id and other documents, surname is mentioned. <My query is without having surname, Am i able for this exam.?
15th August 2017, 09:12 PM
evedallas

Unhappy Re: Is it a problem if surname is not written in 10th marksheet?

One problem could be when you are applying for a passport or a Visa. Passport or Visa verification requires exact match of your name in your documents i.e., 10th marksheet and atleast two of your identity proofs. It is advisable to correct the name in your marksheet as soon as possible as you may have to face difficulty in future.
7th February 2018, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Is I'm facing any type of problem if my middle name Kumar is mentioned in my 10th and 12th certificate but not middle name Kumar is not mentioned in my graduation certificate...
Please give me helpful advice about that...
4th March 2018, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

My 10th mark sheet does not have surname in the name but the 12th mark is the surname in the sheet. What should I do for name correction?
7th March 2018, 03:19 PM
digitalteacher

Please add your surname in the 10th mark sheet by submitting an application to the concerned Board you have passed the examination by paying nominal fee. Having your surname makes your identification quick and unique. Problems may arise in future as all the government-related documents seek the 10th mark sheet as proof.
9th March 2018, 05:05 PM
Akumarharsh

If you want to continue without your surname in your mark sheet then remember you have to continue in your next qualification without your surname. Otherwise the difference created between your documents.
So now you have chance to choose one.
If you want to at it is in your documents then continue without your surname
In other you contact to your school or state board..to correct the document..thanks
2nd May 2018, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

My 10th AND PROVISIONAL degree, name type as Verma Mahesh, and today i have fill RPSC aen form, but in application form i write my name Mahesh only, not write Verma in front my name............can be create any problem in future?
and rpsc don't give option to correction for name..
Please guide me
17th May 2018, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

My Father Name is written in my 10 & 12th marksheet is Balbir Singh Naharwal whereas in my graduation DMC'S is Balbir Singh. So tell me what to do now if I am applying for government job
31st May 2018, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

If in my class 10 and class 12 marksheet Kumari Jyoti yadav is written but in my Aadhar card only Jyoti yadav is written can I write only Jyoti yadav for filling any government exam form or any national level exam form is there any problem
14th June 2018, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

In my 10th marksheet, my name is Xxx and other (except 10th)all document name is Xxx Kumar.

So it can complicated for me.
3rd July 2018, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

In my 10th and 12th marksheet surname is missing but graduation, adhar , pan, bank account having surname. Is there any problems
7th July 2018, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

In my 10th 12th my father's name is vimlesh Kumar sachan in btech marksheet father's name is vimlesh sachan. Is there will be a serious problem for verification of government employment
10th August 2018, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

I have wrong surname in ssc memo it is followed up to post graduation memos in adhar and pan card my surname is correct. Is it creates a problem for govt job
10th August 2018, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Is it problem incorrect surname in ssc memo and continues up to graduation in aadhar my surname is correct.. Is it creates problem in govt job
28th August 2018, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

There is only my name in my educational documents like marksheets, caste certificate and residential certificate but in my ID's my full name alongwith my name middle name and surname is written .
Will it create a problem during my document verification for a government job.
If yes, please help me by providing a proper advice.
I am really very confused because in online forms they ask full name and in my all marksheets till post-graduation only my name is written and in ID's full name.
29th August 2018, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

If in class10 and class12 marksheet Kumari jyoti yadav is written but in aadhar card only jyoti yadav is written can I write only jyoti yadav for filling national exam form
13th December 2018, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

I have same name in all my documents but in adhar card and 371J I have mentioned Serna me with my name, can it create any problem in getting government job.. Please reply..
8th February 2019, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir my mother name on dmc is harjinder but on date of birth it is harjinder kaur it create problem to me in future?
8th February 2019, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Sir my mother name on my dmc is harjinder but on date of birth it is harjinder kaur it create problem?
11th February 2019, 05:05 PM
Maa Ka Pyar

No there is not a problem if surname is not written in your 10th marksheet, if your name in school contains surname then you have to go for the amendment of marksheet otherwise it does not create any problems to you. 10th class marksheet is very valuable documents for everyone because it's a proof of your address and Age and date of birth which is later on useful for making of AADHAR CARD, PAN CARD etc. which is very important documents as per rules of government of India.
If you want to add your surname then approach to your regional board of office and write an application for the ammendment of marksheet with proper supportive documents.
11th February 2019, 05:07 PM
Maa Ka Pyar

No there is not a problem if surname is not written in your 10th marksheet, if your name in school contains surname then you have to go for the amendment of marksheet otherwise it does not create any problems to you. 10th class marksheet is very valuable documents for everyone because it's a proof of your address and Age and date of birth which is later on useful for making of AADHAR CARD, PAN CARD etc. which is very important documents as per rules of government of India.
If you want to add your surname then approach to your regional board of office and write an application for the ammendment of marksheet with proper supportive documents.
14th February 2019, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

I got my class 10th admit card in which fathers name is,with surname but mother's name is printed without surname. So that same data will print in my marksheet
1st June 2019, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

In my class 10th result my father name is P Kumar rai and in 12th P kr rai is it okay?
26th June 2019, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

My father name is vijay kumar in my matric it is written vijay kumar rana and in twelfth it is vijay kumar will it create problem for me
28th June 2019, 02:54 PM
Himaniii
Senior Member+

Procedure for name change in educational certificates:---

1. Affidavit. Seek the help of a local notary to make an affidavit for name change.

2. Publish in newspaper. Next, you need to publish the change of name in at least two local newspaper.

3. Gazette notification.

4. Verification.

5. Approval.
20th July 2019, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

If someone has name mohd shahid in 10th marksheet and father's Amohd shahil and in all documents like pan, aadhar etc, there is any problem or not,
18th September 2019, 02:37 AM
Unregistered

In my some documents my surname spelling written Mazumdar and son where written Mazumder. Is their any problem?
29th September 2019, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

I'm my 10 marksheet I only have written my first name same goes with my DOB But in aadhar card both name along with surname is there and I'm going to make my domicile what should i write in it my name only of my surname also ... i
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?