17th January 2018, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to change school in January 2018 from ICSE to CBSE?

My son is studying in ICSE syllabus school and he is in 7th std due to unavoidable circumstances I want to change the school now i.e, in January i.e, for CBSE syllabus, is it possible? Can you please guide me through the steps which I need to follow for the same? Thank you!

18th January 2018, 09:52 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to change school in January 2018 from ICSE to CBSE?

I am sorry to say that you cannot change your board from ICSE to CBSE in the mid of the session and that also in January which is almost the end of standard 7th session. So, I would suggest you not to change the board at this moment. Clear your 7th finals and then change. But, if it is an emergency, then you can contact the principal of your school and follow the instructions carefully.
18th January 2018, 10:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to change school from ICSE to CBSE in the month of January. You can't change from one school to another school in the mid of the academic year. Since, your son is studying 7th standard, you can change your son from ICSE to CBSE school once, he completes 7th standard.
18th January 2018, 11:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to change school from ICSE to CBSE:-

You can change your school from ICSE to CBSE board. But make sure that you do it before you takes place. After that you won't be allowed to do so. You can simply write a letter to the principal of your school regarding the matter. Then they will provide you the transfer and school leaving certificate. Now you have to submit the related documents at the other school and can get admission accordingly.
19th January 2018, 02:07 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son is studying in ICSE syllabus school and he is in 7th std due to unavoidable circumstances I want to change the school now i.e, in January i.e, for CBSE syllabus, is it possible? Can you please guide me through the steps which I need to follow for the same? Thank you!

Students can contact the school he/she wants to get admission and apply for admission with the application form, transfer certificate, mark sheet, conduct certificate, birth certificate, etc. They have to contact the new school in person and get other formalities (like fees) made for the admission. It is always advisable to change the school after completion of the academic year. It is difficult for the student to study the new syllabus in a short period of time. Many reputed schools will not admit students in the middle of an academic year.
19th January 2018, 04:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all you need to get TC from your present school and then apply for admission at your choice of school. You have to submit all the documents along with application form for admission.

There won't be any problem, if your present school has given you TC and you have got all the required documents.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?