22nd January 2019, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Science & Technology syllabus of 10th GSEB Board examination?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am the student of class 10th, studying from GSEB School. I haven’t informed about the syllabus of Science & Technology and my new session will start after a month. So, I want to know about the syllabus of this particular subject.

22nd March 2023, 05:30 PM
SidhuMoosewala

Default Re: Science & Technology syllabus of 10th GSEB Board examination?

The syllabus for Science & Technology subject in 10th GSEB Board examination is as follows:

Unit 1: Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour
- Chemical reactions: types of chemical reactions, balancing chemical equations
- Acids, bases and salts: their properties and reactions
- Metals and non-metals: their physical and chemical properties, reactivity series
- Carbon compounds: covalent bonding in carbon compounds (examples: ethanol, ethanoic acid)

Unit 2: World of Living
- Life processes: nutrition, respiration, transportation, excretion
- Control and coordination: nervous system, hormones, plant hormones
- Reproduction: asexual and sexual reproduction, reproductive health
- Heredity and evolution: variations, adaptation, natural selection

Unit 3: Natural Phenomena
- Reflection and refraction of light: laws of reflection and refraction, spherical mirrors and lenses
- Human eye and colourful world: structure and functioning of human eye, defects of vision, dispersion of white light through a prism
- Electricity: electric current, potential difference, resistance, Ohm’s law, electric power
- Magnetic effects of electric current: magnetic field, magnetic field lines, magnetic force, Fleming’s left-hand rule, Electric motor, Electromagnetic induction

Unit 4: Effects of Current
- Chemical effects of electric current: electrolysis, electroplating
- Magnetic effects of electric current: electromagnetic induction
- Domestic electric circuits: wiring, electrical appliances, safety measures

Unit 5: Natural Resources
- Sources of energy: conventional and non-conventional sources of energy
- Management of natural resources: conservation and judicious use of natural resources, forests and wildlife, water resources, coal and petroleum conservation

Note: The above-mentioned syllabus is based on the latest curriculum released by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) and is subject to change if any modifications are made by the board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?