16th June 2020, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Should I change from Science to Commerce for UPSC preparation being a 9th ICSE student?

Actually I am a student of ICSE and in 9th, I have already chosen Science. But I am not confirmed that for UPSC preparation, it will benefit me more than Commerce or not. Please help me should I change my subject or be stucked to that only.

18th June 2020, 11:49 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I change from Science to Commerce for UPSC preparation being a 9th ICSE student?

I do not think you need to change the stream, if you are not interested in commerce stream just to appear or prepare for the Civil Service examination.

Every year students for various background ( science , arts, commerce, humanities etc ) appear and qualify in the examination.

So, you just need to focus on the preparation for your examination as per the syllabus and with consistency to qualify in the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
18th June 2020, 04:34 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I change from Science to Commerce for UPSC preparation being a 9th ICSE student?

°°° To appear in UPSC examination, candidate can opt for any stream in his or her intermediate and graduation hence, you should go with your interest.

°°° You have to work hard in both of these streams. So, it would be beneficial for you to go with your interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?