1st June 2018, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Should I reappear in 12th CBSE to apply for NEET if didn't study Biology?

Hello friends, I have completed my 12th with CBSE Board. I didn't study Biology but I want to apply for NEET. So, I would like to know that should I have to reappear in the Board exam of 12th standard for NEET?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam with Biology if secured 73% with Mathematics?
  2. Is CBSE Board preparation is enough to appear in NEET? Cutoff marks required in NEET to apply for Medical College of Tamil Nadu for CBSE student?
  3. Should I reappear for 11th and 12th class with biology subjects in order to do appear for Medical Entrance exams?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for NEET exam if scored 50+ marks in English, Chemistry and Biology?
  5. Any way I could take Biology course in 11th without actually opting for it in 12th? Is it necessary to complete biology in 12th if I want to study in abroad?
  6. Procedure to join MBBS course after completion of B.Sc?
  7. Can I get admission to study 12th Biology CBSE if completed 11th about 3 years ago?
  8. Can I appear in NEET 2017 after passing 12th from NIOS board for second time? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Is it possible to reappear in 12th with Biology to study MBBS if completed B.Sc(Physics)?
  10. Can I reappear in whole of 12th board again under CBSE although I failed in one subject only? -- [New]
  11. What steps are to be taken to do MBBS after 10th?
  12. Can I get admission in BSc Honors biology in Punjab University after scoring 70% in 12th CBSE
  13. Whether NEET and PSEB 12th standard syllabus are same?
  14. For how many times I am eligible to appear in NEET for study MBBS?
  15. Am I eligible to appear for NEET exam this year after 2 attempts in AIPMT and 1 in NEET?
  16. How to reappear for 12th Biology paper?
  17. Can I reappear for NEET exam? What is the date of admission in Allen Institute?
  18. From which Board I should study 12th to purse Medical if completed 10th from ICSE Board? Do I have to appear in NEET-UG?
3rd June 2018, 09:45 PM
ranu shahi

Default Re: Should I reappear in 12th CBSE to apply for NEET if didn't study Biology?

Yes you can appear again in Intermediate exam as Biology as main stream along with Physics and Chemistry as well as English as compulsory subjects. It is compulsory to be eligible to write NEET entrance examination.
4th June 2018, 03:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I reappear in 12th CBSE to apply for NEET if didn't study Biology?

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is held by CBSE once every year for admission in undergraduate medical degree course across any medical colleges of India except AIIMS and JIPMER.

The minimum education required for appearing in NEET is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having not studied Biology at your Class 12th level you are not eligible for appearing in NEET unless you reappear in your board examination next year with Biology as one of the subjects.

For more details regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
5th June 2018, 08:56 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in NEET examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemist and Biology subjects with minimum aggregate of 50% marks and English as a qualifying subject from a recognised board. So, if you have not pursued Biology subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to appear in NEET examination. You have to repeat your 11th and 12th standard with PCB stream to be eligible to appear in NEET examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?