19th December 2018, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Steps to study MBBS in AIIMS for 11th Mathematics student?

Hello Sir, I am studying in 11th standard with Science stream. I have taken Mathematics but I have interested to study MBBS in AIIMS. My question is, as I have taken Science in Higher Secondary what I can do for studying MBBS in AIIMS? Please tell me the steps that help me to reach my aim.

23rd December 2018, 11:45 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to study MBBS in AIIMS for 11th Mathematics student?

For pursuing MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) degree course from AIIMS ( All India Institute of Medical Sciences ), you are required to qualify AIIMS MBBS entrance examination.

--> Further, for appearing in the same examination, the minimum qualifications required are as below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen with your age not lying under 17 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination. Age relaxation is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with English, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as main subjects with at least 60% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for SC/ST candidates.

So, having opted for Mathematics for your higher secondary school degree course, you can opt for Biology as an additional subject for your Class 12th academics in order to be eligible to pursue MBBS degree course from AIIMS or any other medical college.

For more details regarding AIIMS MBBS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.aiimsexams.org.
23rd December 2018, 01:26 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To pursue MBBS in AIIMS you have to appear and qualify in AIIMS MBBS entrance examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper with minimum 60%. There is relaxation for reserved category. The minimum age limit is 17 years.

So, if you are not interested in Mathematics, you can select the Biology as main paper. It is not possible to get admission in MBBS course without Biology as main paper.
23rd December 2018, 08:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to study class 11th with PCB, if you are interested in getting admission in MBBS course through any medical entrance exam. If you haven't studied +2 with Biology, then you will not be eligible.

Just make sure you have studied the required subjects, then you can apply for AIIMS medical entrance exam, which is conducted every year.
23rd December 2018, 10:30 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

First of all, I want to tell you that a mathematics student is not eligible to study MBBS course because as per the eligibility criteria, a candidate must have completed 12th with PCB subjects to pursue MBBS course.
24th December 2018, 12:57 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Candidates pursuing in 12th with Mathematics as main paper and not having Biology are not eligible to appear for AIIMS MBBS examination.

It is conducted for admission in five year course.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main paper.

Candidate must have scored minimum 60% aggregate in board examination.

The minimum age limit is 17 years.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination to get admission in MBBS course with the above qualification.
1st January 2019, 10:26 PM
Siraj ali khan

If you have already opted mathematics as your subject, then you cannot pursue MBBS further. To clear any entrance test for MBBS you need to have biology as main subject.

To study in AIIMS you should clear entrance test of AIIMS college. And you need to clear your intermediate with biology stream as main stream with atleast 60%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?