7th October 2019, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects to choose in 12th to get admission in Petroleum Engineering?

Hello everyone, I am a student of 12th standard. After completing my 12th, I would like to take Petroleum Engineering. I would like to know the subjects offered or which subject should I choose and what should be my 12th standard marks?

12th October 2019, 05:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose in 12th to get admission in Petroleum Engineering?

You need to choose PCM stream if you are looking for admission in Petroleum Engineering. In fact, for every engineering degree course in India you need to study physics, chemistry and maths at class 12th from a recognised board of education.

Just make sure you have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate in the stream. Admission will be through entrance exam like JEE Main. You can also appear for state level engineering entrance exam for admission.
12th October 2019, 06:21 PM
Sunnyexpert

Default Re: Which subjects to choose in 12th to get admission in Petroleum Engineering?

You should opt for PCM(Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) as your main subjects and can carry on with your studies, after that you will have to appear for JEE(Main) examination.

After completion of your B.Tech degree, you can get admission in the above mentioned course and can continue with your studies ahead.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?