2nd April 2017, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I take after 10th to become a lawyer?

Which subject I will take after class 10th to become a lawyer and another thing is that here is given subjects marks indicated 200 marks and after that just in the below there was written that GK 50 marks, maths 20 marks, legal aptitude 50 marks and logical reasoning 40 marks can you please tell me these problem clearly.

2nd April 2017, 07:09 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I take after 10th to become a lawyer?

To become lawyer candidates have to pursue law courses ( B.A LLB or LLB ).

The minimum required qualification to pursue the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from any recognised board in any stream.

The maximum age limit is 20 years to appear for CLAT examination ( conducted for admission in NLU's ).

Candidate must have minimum 45% in 12th board examination. The candidates have to appear and qualify in written examination for final selection.

For detail information about examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.
2nd April 2017, 07:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be an lawyer/advocate you need to pursue LLB degree course.

--> LLB refers to Bachelor of legislative law and the minimum requirement for pursuing the same course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of examination.

Further for pursuing the same course of top law universities like National Law Universities, Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, etc. you need to qualify entrance examinations like CLAT, BHU UET, etc. .

So as far as you are concerned about the selection of stream for pursuing your further studies to be a lawyer then you can opt ant subject which lies to your strength and interest and keeping the other career opportunities of your liking open.

Also as far as you are concerned about the weightage of different subjects in entrance examination then without knowing the name of entrance examination it is quite difficult to say any thing about the pattern of entrance examination.
2nd April 2017, 09:48 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to pursue any course in 10th, 12th and in bachelor degree to become layer.

To become lawyer candidate need LLB degree.

The course is of 3 years duration .

Eligibility criteria for LLB course:-

A candidate must have passed bechelor degree from any recognised University.

Age limit:-

There is no age limit to pursue this course .

After LLB you can go LLM course for higher degree.
2nd April 2017, 10:18 PM
mrdangerous
Member+

There is no compulsion of any subject in the acadamics to be a lawyer.
To become a lawyer you need to complete LLB (Bachelor of Legislative law) degree course.

Types of LLB courses:

-> LLB course of 5 years, for those who opts for same course after their higher secondary school degree.

-> LLB course of 3 years, for those who opts for the same cause after completing their graduation degree course.
2nd April 2017, 11:30 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To become Lawyer:

1) A candidate must have passed intermediate or graduation from a recognised board or university with minimum 55% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to result students.

2) The candidate must have completed intermediate or graduation in any discipline.

3) so you can choose any stream of your interest in your 11th standard and after completing an intermediate you have to appear in the entrance exam known as CLAT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?