11th April 2015, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum qualification required for computer teacher in secondary school?

I have done p.g.d.c.a from p.t.u session 2006-07. Am I eligible to apply for computer teacher's post in c.b.s.e school, Chandigarh? What is the minimum qualification required for computer teacher in secondary school? Can someone give me the right information for the same? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. How to do teaching after BCA? I have completed BCA course from Kanpur University
  2. Qualification for Computer Teacher School in Utter Pradesh?
  3. Whether B.Ed is necessary to become private school teacher B.Tech(CSE) student? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam? Procedure to become Computer teacher in any private school?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria for primary computer teacher to work in UP government school? What is the qualification required and the age limit?
  5. Required Qualification for the position of Computer Teacher in a High School?
  6. Eligibility criteria for a primary teacher to work in UP government school? Minimum qualification required? What is the age limit? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What is the basic qualification to get appointed as a computer teacher in high school?
  8. What is the qualification required to become SI of a school?
  9. HSST Kerala Higher Secondary Education School Teacher Computer Science/Computer Applications papers
  10. How should I become a teacher of high secondary school after completing 12th?
  11. How can I become a Teacher in any Higher Secondary school if having 15 years of Teaching experience in Abu Dhabi after completed M.Sc(Biochemistry)?
  12. Can a Matriculate person apply for SSC exam?
  13. Is it possible to do B.Ed after doing diploma 9 years back? Any correspondence courses available or me?
  14. Minimum qualification required for Teacher job in private CBSE Schools?
  15. How to be a government computer teacher after completing BCA?
  16. M.Pharma holder can be a Science Teacher in Higher Secondary School?
  17. Can a student apply for IGNOU B.Ed?
  18. Admission procedure for B.Ed? Eligibility without any teaching experience?
11th April 2015, 01:16 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: What is the minimum qualification required for computer teacher in secondary school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done p.g.d.c.a from p.t.u session 2006-07. Am I eligible to apply for computer teacher's post in c.b.s.e school, Chandigarh? What is the minimum qualification required for computer teacher in secondary school? Can someone give me the right information for the same? Thanks!
Since, you have done PGDCA so you are eligible to apply for the post of computer teacher in any of the Private School but , to apply in a good private school you must have the degree of B.Ed also apart from the technical degree. Even government School ask for the B.Ed degree.
11th April 2015, 03:24 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification required for computer teacher in secondary school?

Minimum qualification for computer teacher is Bachelor Degree in Computer subject either it is B.Sc, B.E, B.Tech. Basically it depends on school that what minimum education qualification they require for their teacher.

So first of all check about vacancy in particular school. If yes, then apply for teacher's post. After that they will take a trial and a test of your's. If you passed in their selection procedure they will definitely hire you.
11th April 2015, 04:21 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification required for computer teacher in secondary school?

Minimum qualification required for computer teacher in secondary school :

Candidate have to fulfil any of the following qualification :
  • B.Tech / M.C.A. / M.Sc (Computer Sc/IT)
  • B.Sc Computer Science / Information Technology
  • Graduate with DOEACC “A” Level
  • B.C.A Or Graduate with PGDCA from a recognized university
  • Post Graduate with DOEACC “O” Level
  • Graduate with DOEACC “O” Level / six months part time course from IGNOU

For more details please find the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf QUALIFICATION OF COMPUTER TEACHER.pdf(6.0 KB, 530 views)
30th October 2015, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

My qualification is B.C.A., M.SC.(IT). Am I Eligible to teach in secondary school?
4th May 2016, 07:26 AM
Unregistered

I am graduate with political science. I have done BILIS and ADCA course.Can l become a librarian Or computer teacher in secondary school of Bihar ?
8th September 2017, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

I have done BBA and also done 2yrs ITI with trade IT&ESM(COMPUTER SCIENCE). Please tell me can I join the private school as computer teacher?
21st September 2017, 09:07 PM
spike.raghu

As per my knowledge a post graduate diploma in computer application(PGDCA) would be enough with a degree. But a degree in computer science would be prioritized.
24th February 2018, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my graduation in zoology and I am currently doing mca. Am I eligible to become a computer teacher. Please reply
19th February 2019, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my graduation in B. Voc Multimedia . Am i eligible to become a computer teacher.
20th February 2019, 08:21 PM
kaushalmegha

Sir, in teaching field you should have master degree in computer science or MCA or M.Sc. in IT. Beside this ,you should have some teaching experience in any school. In some schools they ask for experience as a teacher and some schools enroll only on merit basis if vacancy is empty. You cannot ask for regular appoionment for this you will have to crack TGT or PGT computer teacher exam organised by govt. organisation. Thank you.
1st March 2019, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

I have done post graduation in m.com and diploma in computer science and work as a trainee so I am eligible for computer teacher
25th June 2019, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.com. and Advance Diploma in Computer Science... So I am eligible for computer teacher
11th December 2019, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.com.. so,can i become a computer teacher. and whats the study now i have to prepared for become a computer teacher in primary level.
17th December 2019, 10:47 AM
Sreerag. K

To teach in a public secondary school, a bachelor's degree in computer science is usually required. A semester of student teaching is also needed and is usually completed within the bachelor's degree program. A master's degree is typically the minimum educational requirement to teach at a college or university
6th January 2020, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Can the participants of Diploma in COPA for Computer Teachers appear in the examination?
13th February 2020, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

I have done Bcom,PGDCA,COPA,D.El.Ed So can I eligible for computer teacher in secondary school?
19th February 2020, 02:41 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a Secondary School Teacher, you must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% of marks from recognized University and also you have obtained a degree in Computer Science.

You must have completed the B.Ed in the specific subject with a minimum of 60% of marks. You need to have extensive work experience or a degree in Computer Science.
29th February 2020, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

I have done b.tech in electronics & communication and pgdca .I have also read all computer subject up to 4th semester in b.tech .can I eligible for computer teacher
6th March 2022, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Whether the b.ed is necessary to became government computer teacher in karnataka
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?