24th December 2016, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

What should I do become an astronaut after class Xth?

Sir, I am Eashita Biswas. I am a student of class Xth. I want to be an astronaut. This is my aim and I think I can succeed if I will try. I am a student of Holy Child West Bengal board Bengali medium but I don't know what I should do to get progress. I want to choose maths,physics,chemistry and bio science in 11th. Is this a good choice to go ahead and after higher secondary which is the preferable place to read astronomy. Please give me a reply because this is my aim and I have to fulfill it.

24th December 2016, 09:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do become an astronaut after class Xth?

Yes, it will be a good choice if you are choosing maths, physics, chemistry and bioscience as subjects in your class 11th. Most of the astronauts are required to have qualification related to science. Just keep studying well and also apply for various olympiads, which are conducted on international level.

You can opt for B.Sc or any engineering degree course after class 12th from a reputed college. Selection at leading space agencies will be on the basis of your qualification and performance in the interview.
24th December 2016, 09:28 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am Eashita Biswas. I am a student of class Xth. I want to be an astronaut. This is my aim and I think I can succeed if I will try. I am a student of Holy Child West Bengal board Bengali medium but I don't know what I should do to get progress. I want to choose maths,physics,chemistry and bio science in 11th. Is this a good choice to go ahead and after higher secondary which is the preferable place to read astronomy. Please give me a reply because this is my aim and I have to fulfill it.

It's good to see that you are interested to become a Astronaut. If you want to make your career in space technology or astrological science then you have to complete B.Tech or B.E in Astronaut from a recognized university.

- First, you have to complete 12th standard or its equivalent qualification with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject from a recognized university.

- The candidate must complete Graduation in Space Technology or Astronomical science from a recognized university.
26th December 2016, 08:50 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

It is very good that you want to become an Astronaut after the completion of class 10th.
In order to do so, you must have to complete your class 12th studying PCM as your main subjects.
After completing class 12th, you must complete your Graduate degree course in Space Technology from a recognised University in order to become an Astronaut in future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?