15th February 2021, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Whether Chemistry is important to study for becoming an Astronomer?

Hello everyone, I am from Kerala State Board and studying in 11th standard. I am very weak in Chemistry. But my Physics and Mathematics are strong. I want to become an Astronomer in the future. So, I have to strengthen my Chemistry for this? Is Chemistry so important?

16th February 2021, 11:40 PM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Chemistry is important to study for becoming an Astronomer?

Yes, Chemistry is important to study for becoming an Astronomer.

You must have strong base of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to become Astronomer.

It is not required to be proficient in Chemistry to become Astronomer but you must have strong base of subject.
18th February 2021, 08:57 AM
Ulna
Banned

Default Re: Whether Chemistry is important to study for becoming an Astronomer?

There are two different types of astronaut
1 flight engineers
2 astronaut researches
To become a flight engineer or a pilot astronaut the eligibility criteria is
Candidate must have a bachelor's degree from a recognised institution in engineering ,biological science ,physical science or mathematics
the candidate should have completed at least thousand hours pilot in command time in jet aircraft
Garage beta for an astronaut researcher is
a bachelor's degree from a certified University in engineering science ,physical science or mathematics
The candidate must have at least 3 years of professional experience
And must have height between 58.5 and 76 inches
Yes ,chemistry is important bite maths and physics are the most important subjects
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?