8th June 2019, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Whether my NIOS 12th PCMB certificate is valid to secure BSc(Biotechnology) admission?

Sir, as l go through NIOS with PCMB stream in 12th, can I get BSc with Biotechnology after passing the Board exam with NIOS Board? Is this certificate is valid or not?

11th June 2019, 11:14 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether my NIOS 12th PCMB certificate is valid to secure BSc(Biotechnology) admission?

You are eligible to get admission in the B.Sc Biotechnology course after 12th from NIOS.

NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling. It is a recognised board and affiliated with MHRD.

So, candidates passed from NIOS board are eligible for higher studies, if satisfy the required eligibility criteria for admission in the respective course and college.
11th June 2019, 11:14 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether my NIOS 12th PCMB certificate is valid to secure BSc(Biotechnology) admission?

Yes definitely your NIOS certificate is valid to secure admission in BSc biotechnology.
NIOS certificate is a valid certificate like other boards such as CBSE, ICSE.
11th June 2019, 11:48 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS candidates are eligible for higher studies after completion of std 12th.

So, you are eligible to get admission in Biotechnology course.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board ( as NIOS ).

Candidate must have passed 12th in PCM or PCB as main paper.

So, you are eligible for the admission in the course.
12th June 2019, 05:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is a recognised open schooling mode and it is valid at any recognised university or institute in India. Nobody can deny you admission just because you have studied from NIOS. You just need to fulfil the eligibility and merit for admission.

Just make sure you have got excellent marks in class 12th with the required stream according to the course you want to study. Admission will be on merit and NIOS will not effect your candidature.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?