15th August 2021, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Will I face problem while admission in college being an Open Schooling student?

Hello, If the student give 12th from Open Schooling then will the student get problem in future or while taking admission in other school or college? We will get bright future or dark future?

15th August 2021, 07:46 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I face problem while admission in college being an Open Schooling student?

Yes you will surely face problems while taking admission in college because some college have their eligibility criteria means they do not provides admission to NIOS students while few of them have their own entrance exam which follow CBSE board syllabus.
15th August 2021, 07:55 PM
periwinkle09876

Default Re: Will I face problem while admission in college being an Open Schooling student?

No, you will not face problem while admission in college being an open schooling student because if you have completed your 12th from a recognised open schooling board then no college can deny your admission.
Open schooling boards are also recognised by Indian Government and they have the validity same as that of other boards.
15th August 2021, 08:17 PM
Msdhoni02

There are no such problems that you will have to face. You can take admission in any of the colleges after doing 12th from NIOS as per the CBSE rules. You must have scored 75% or above to get a good college/university in India.

Some colleges give admission on the basis of entrance tests as well. There is no age limit to pursue a graduation course in India.
15th August 2021, 08:48 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

First of all I would like to let you know is that the senior secondary school degree course i.e; Class 12th pursued from either recognised regular or open schooling education board are equivalent and have same value when applying for any higher studies degree courses or jobs.

So, if you are looking to go for the Class 12th in Open Schooling mode then you can definitely go for the same just make sure that education board is recognised by Indian Education System.

You can refer to the link https://www.cobse.org.in/recognized-...l-boards-list/ to get the list of recognised education board under Indian Education System.
15th August 2021, 09:49 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, there will be no issue to get admission in colleges.

Candidates passed from any open recognised board are eligible to get admission in colleges.

So, you can visit the official website to get detail information about the admission procedure.
16th August 2021, 11:57 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

No such problem will arise, because it's value is same as other boards have...

None of the colleges can deny admission of any NIOS passed student..
18th August 2021, 10:46 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

First of all, you are advised not to get confused about certification of 12th class from open schooling. The certification issued by open schooling is also valid for further education.

You will not face any problem in your career future just because of your 12th certification from open schooling.

You simply proceed for the admission process of further education, based on your 12th class certification. You will definitely get the admission for further education.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?