4th June 2017, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Will I have to study astrophysics to become an astronomer?

Hello! I am Interested in becoming an astronomer. Now, I am in 8 standard. What should I study after my 10 exam? What subjects should, I focus on and the in 11th standard. Will I have to study astrophysics to become an astronomer?

6th June 2017, 12:45 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Will I have to study astrophysics to become an astronomer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello! I am Interested in becoming an astronomer. Now, I am in 8 standard. What should I study after my 10 exam? What subjects should, I focus on and the in 11th standard. Will I have to study astrophysics to become an astronomer?
Those who interested in Physics and Mathematics subjects, can opt for a career in Astronomy. Such applicants should complete their Bachelor degree in Science/Engineering subjects from a recognized university.
6th June 2017, 10:27 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I have to study astrophysics to become an astronomer?

In order to become an astronomer you must complete your 12th standard with science subjects from a recognized board and you should focus more on PCM subjects. After that you have to complete your bachelor's degree in science stream. You can opt for engineering field or you can opt for science field. In the bachelor's degree you can study B.Sc in Astrophysics, B.Sc in Astronomy and then go for master's degree.

After obtaining master's degree you have to pursue PhD in any of the courses:

> PhD in Astronomy

> PhD in Astronomy and Astrophysics

> PhD in Astrophysics

> PhD in Atmospheric Science and Astrophysics

Hence, after completing your doctorate degree you will be eligible to become an astronomer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?