12th December 2012, 01:49 PM
lp 214

Am I eligible for CAT or SNAP after scoring 55% in final year of engineering

i have 55% in final year of engineering..but my aggregate is 49% am i eligible for cat or snap?

13th December 2012, 10:44 PM
ibadsyed

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT or SNAP after scoring 55% in final year of engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp 214 View Post
i have 55% in final year of engineering..but my aggregate is 49% am i eligible for cat or snap?
Hi, I am sorry to say but you are not eligible for these exams. The criteria for appearing in these exams is you must have atleast 50% marks in your graduation i.e, aggregate all years/semesters.

But dont lose hope, there is one big entrance exam which do not have this criteria and that is XAT. Through this exam you can apply to XLRI Jamshedpur which is one of the top colleges in India.

This is an aptitude test like CAT which consists of general english, mathematics and logical reasoning.

Please keep track about the notification of the exam in the leading newspapers.
1st July 2013, 12:22 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT or SNAP after scoring 55% in final year of engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp 214 View Post
For CAT at graduation level you need to have at least 50% of marks in aggregate to be considered eligible if you are a general category candidate. Since you are one percentage short therefore unfortunately you are not eligible to sit for this exam.

But for the reserved category candidate there is 5% relaxation. So if you fall in that category then dont worry because even after scoring 49% you can still appear for the CAT examination. Low marks wont be an issue then anymore.

Registration for this year's October-November exam has started from today and will end on September 26, 2013. The exam will be conducted between October 16 - November 11, 2013.

As far as SNAP is concerned over there the criteria is pretty much the same. You need to have 50% of marks at graduation level to give this exam. 45% for SC/ST candidates. There is 5% relaxation for them. So again if you happen to fall in the reserved category then you can apply for this exam.

In the previous year in the month of November the exam took place and the result was announced in the month of January. If you are seeking admission to all the Post-Graduate Institutes of Symbiosis International (Deemed) University then you have to sit for SNAP exam or Symbiosis National Aptitude Test.

CAT Exam Pattern:-
  • Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation- 30 Questions
  • Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning- 30 Questions

SNAP Exam Pattern:-
  • Logical Reasoning
  • Quantitative Ability + Data Interpretation + Data Sufficiency
  • Verbal Ability
  • General Knowledge / Current Affairs

Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?