3rd November 2014, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in CAT, XAT and SNAP for B.Com final year student from SMU-DE?

I am persuing my B.com final Year from SMU-DE , I want to know am I eligible for CAT , XAT and SNAP or not?

I called SMU*DE they said there is no worries, I want to know when I took admission SMU-DE was approved with all aspects however now the case for the approval of Distance Learning is pending with Sikkim Court?

Please give me a suitable answer.

6th November 2014, 11:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in CAT, XAT and SNAP for B.Com final year student from SMU-DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am persuing my B.com final Year from SMU-DE , I want to know am I eligible for CAT , XAT and SNAP or not?

I called SMU*DE they said there is no worries, I want to know when I took admission SMU-DE was approved with all aspects however now the case for the approval of Distance Learning is pending with Sikkim Court?

Please give me a suitable answer.
You are a final years student of B.Com degree from SMU so you are eligible for CAT,XAT,SNAP exam because your degree is recognized by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for CAT,XAT,SNAP exam.

The exam has 4 sections :-

General Awareness
General English
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
Quantitative and Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency

Best books for CAT,XAT,SNAP exam

CAT Common Admission Test: Mastering the Verbal Ability
by Ajay Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test
by Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill

How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT Common Admission Test
by Arun Sharma, Meenakshi Upadhyay
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude For The XAT
By
Nishit K Sinha

Target SNAP – Past Papers (2005 - 2010) + 5 Mock Papers
by
Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2011)

Map The SNAP Symbiosis National Aptitude Test: 5 Mock Papers & Solved Papers (2005 - 2010)
by
RK Jha
Publisher: Arihant Books (2012)

6th November 2014, 04:11 PM
Devdatta Divekar

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in CAT, XAT and SNAP for B.Com final year student from SMU-DE?

You can appear for CAT, XAT or SNAP as graduates from any discipline with at least 50% marks are eligible for entrance exams. Only CAT allows you to appear for the exams even if you are awaiting your final year results and also those who are appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?