2nd February 2013, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after completing B.Tech in ECE?

i dont know what should i do after b.tech in ece
please help me ... i want to do mba ... but i am confused with m.tech
which is better ... which one one has more job opportunities

8th February 2013, 07:41 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completing B.Tech in ECE?

Both M.Tech and MBA have own advantages. If you are interested to have a management job or interested to start a business, then you can look for MBA. M.tech degree is suitable for candidates with sound technical skills. The degree will be useful to find a senior job position in corporate or teaching field. Salary packages depend on job profile and the reputation of the employing company.
22nd April 2013, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my btech in july 2012..i tried for many jobs like call centres and i dint get job in telecom too..what should i do now..still search for jobs or should look for m tech..???
25th April 2013, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

Ian going to complete my b.tech in this year (2013)
And my branch is ece and is there any courses related to our group so that which provides job or is there any courses which market is hiring more......?
25th April 2013, 09:28 PM
Syed Niaz Murshid

"MBA or M.Tech?” is a question that has haunted every engineering graduate and this is pretty obvious given that this degree is what finally determines the kind of job that they would get after completing their masters. If the same question is troubling you then you need not worry as I have made an analysis of this and have the answer for you.

Why do B.Tech Students go in for an MBA?
MBA is the “in” degree these days and the jobs that you get after the completion of the degree you can apply for a job in the administrative departments of the various fields in the organization. These jobs are considered to be the prime jobs of the organization. This is not really the truth but yes, the job does have a slightly glamorous touch to it and the media has been projecting these jobs as all the more glitzy as the pay packages and the perks are shown to be much more. This is the main reason why students are enticed to go in for an MBA after the completion of their B.Tech.

Going the M.Tech way
M.Tech after the completion of your B.Tech will lead to technical related jobs in any organization and these jobs are not as much hyped as the ones that you get after the completion of your MBA. But these jobs are great. You need to bear in mind one thing and that is, the M.Tech is an extension of B.Tech and thus, you will find it easier to do your M.Tech as compared to your MBA and this is what needs to be considered in case you are confused between an MBA and an M.Tech degree.

Also, as you have already completed your B.Tech and have gone in for your M.Tech, then you will enter the technical operations part of the organization and your chances of getting promoted to a higher grade are much higher as compared to that in case you choose for an MBA. This is the most important angle that many fail to see as they are blinded by the spotlight that they feel will be thrown on them in case they choose to go in for an MBA.

Also, in case you go in for your MBA, you need to realize that you will have to start from scratch and that could be quite difficult as most of your classmates will be Commerce graduates and will have an edge on the subjects as they have studied then in their graduation years. This may create a sense of inferiority in case you are not able to cope with the subjects, once you have joined college, which is but natural, as you are new to these subjects.

The pay scale is almost the same and what matters the most is the institute from where you have completed your masters and your ranking in the semesters. These two aspects will decide a lot about your future and thus you need to be wary about them from the start itself.
26th April 2013, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

what are the jobs after completing the b.tech ece
26th April 2013, 06:59 PM
Syed Niaz Murshid

Hi,

There are lots of opportunities for students who passed out in ECE branch in engineering.

You can enter into either public sector or private sector.

In private sector the jobs are available in IT sector.

The different companies which offer jobs are:

INFOSYS
IBM
MICROSOFT
SYNTEL
MPHASIS
And many other IT companies..

In case of public sector you can enter into the following.
Technical Sector (Jobs in ISRO, BHEL, NPCIL, ECIL, NMDC AND MANY OTHER COMPANIES)
Civil service exam (IAS, IPS and even you can apply for IES)

There are many jobs in Railways with different job roles.

In Banking sector (Jobs in SBI, ICICI, IBPS common exam for 19 banks).

In this way you can apply for any of the field which is eligible for you.

I suggest you to go through the notifications of the companies website regularly and apply for the jobs.

or you can get job through cam-passing conducted by your college

Thank You,

All the Best.
12th June 2013, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

gud evg this venketesh iam cmplite btech ece plz tell aftr which course best for jb oppertinty plz tell me
19th June 2013, 03:47 AM
Unregistered

hii sir. i hav completed my btech in 2013. i want to do 6month vlsi design trainig feom delh & noida. i wan to know is dkop lab is best for this??? i wan to know about future scope of this course. bcoj i want to do job
20th June 2013, 07:00 AM
Unregistered

hi.. Sir me Bhupender i complete the btech with good marks what i do
20th June 2013, 03:54 PM
Padmavathi.nallam
Member+

Hello friend, after the graduation in engineering from the electronics and communication field there are of course many fields in which you can do a job or go for further studies.
If you are very interested in core, try to improve your knowledge in Basics of Electronics. Since you are an ECE student, you must have at least basics of all your core subjects. Named here are some,

1. Digital Electronics
2. Discrete components
3. Linear Integrated Circuits
4. Micro controller

Opportunities IN ECE:
Here are some companies where you can try for...
1. Samsung
2. Nokia
3. Robert Bosch
4. Sasken communication
5. Data pattern
6. HCL(Embedded/Hardware)
7. Reliance
8. Indus towers

IT opportunity:
Most of non-IT students go for software field. The reason is, it is not as much difficult as core. In software, you must have basic knowledge of programming, good communication, Aptitude. These three skills will let you enter into software field.

Government jobs:
Try to get pass in any government exams. It is safer side than any other field.

Jobs:
The main jobs for the B.Tech ECE department are as follows.
i)You can work as a applications chip designer if you are good at your subject knowledge.
ii) Some of the companies you can opt are Intel, IBM, Teradata, CISCO etc. which are considered giants regarding the ECE.
iii) You can even opt for a government job as supervisory engineers in various departments.
iv) You can even work in various telecommunication companies such as BSNL and other networks.
v) As ECE is closely related to computers you can even finally opt as a software engineer in any IT company

Further Studies:
Further studies in this department include various options.
i)A master degree can be done by writing the GATE examination and joining any of the IITs and NITs and other famous institutes.
ii) You can even do MS in foreign universities if you get a chance, along with PhD if interested.
iii) If interested in doing MBA you can do it by writing various exams like CAT,GMAT, XAT etc which gives admissions into management schools.

There are many more numerous ways of jobs and further studies. So all the best for your future.
27th June 2013, 02:00 AM
sumit93304

Thumbs down Re: What should I do after completing B.Tech in ECE?

hi
myself sumit. i m working on embedded system. i will advised u to go to software field...the future of electronics in india is very bad
13th August 2013, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Hai i am srinu b.tech 4th year after b.tech what i do? Plz cal me 9573771502
19th August 2013, 10:46 AM
ankit80
Member+

Well friend as you are a ece graduate then you have so many job options.you can apply for job in different psu
like.
BHEL
NTPC
BEL
BSNL
HAL
DRDO
MTNL
ISRO
as you are a ece graduate then you are eligible for the ies exam
also.ies exam is
conducted by upsc every for the recruitment of engineers in the
government
sector.thank
you
25th August 2013, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

What are the subjects in which we can do m.tech after ECE ?
IS THERE a good scope?
1st September 2013, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

WHAT ARE THE SUBJECT IN WHICH WE CAN DO M.TECH AFTER ECE
3rd September 2013, 11:55 AM
A.prashanth yadav

DEAR FRIEND

Electronics and Communication Engineers have great scope in government and private sector. Although some believe that Mechanical and Civil Engineering are best branches of B.Tech. I disagree because in recent years ECE is offering jobs in some sectors that are growing very fast like the IT and Telecom sector.

As much scope as ECE has in private sector, same is the story in government sector. Almost all Public Sector Undertakings offer jobs to Electronics and Communications graduates. I hope you know about the Public Sector Undertakings or the PSUs. These are the companies where government of India is major stakeholders.

On completing the Electronics and Communication Engineering, you can certainly apply for Public Sector Undertaking jobs. I should tell you that each PSU conducts a separate entrance exam for recruitment. You would either have to check their official websites or leading employment dailies to find out about the exams and their date.

To be eligible for the exam, candidate has to meet these requirements:

1. He/She should be Indian citizen.

2. A B.Tech degree in any stream from a recognized university.

3. At least 60 percent marks in graduation course.

4. Age Limit for PSU Exam is 30 years.

5. There is some relaxation for reserve category candidates.

Now depending on your performance in the entrance exam which consists 1) Written Test and 2) Interview, you would get the job. You can apply to as many PSU as you want. However avoid applying for more than 1 at a time as it would be difficult to prepare for two exams.

In recent years, some PSUs have replaced the written exam with candidate's GATE score. Therefore it is necessary that you appear for the GATE entrance exam if you have no intention to do M.Tech. Several PSU companies give huge importance to GATE score and would exempt the candidate from appearing in written test if performed extremely well in GATE.

The list of PSU where you can apply for job are:

MTNL

BSNL

GAIL

NALCO

BHEL

ISRO

DRDO

Indian Railways

NTPC

BEL

HAL

SAIL

IOCL

HPCL

ONGC

The other option for you is Indian Engineering Exam (IES). This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on the behalf of central government. Passing the Indian Engineering Exam would get you job in various central government departments such as:

Indian Railway Service of Engineers.

Central Engineering Service.

Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Civil Engineering Posts).

Indian Ordance Factories Services

IES is the only other option for Engineering students for government job apart from the Public Sector Undertaking. To appear for Indian Engineering Exam, you need to meet some requirements such as:

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be Indian.

2. A B.Tech degree in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical or Electronics and Communication Engineering.

3. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

4. There is three years relaxation in age limit for OBC.

5. SC/ST are entitled for 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.

6th September 2013, 07:52 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
Electronics & Communication Engineering,one of the most popular branch of Engineering for the past few years has plenty of options provided one have in depth knowledge of their subjects.

Opportunities lies in the central & state government companies like in
BSNL,MTNL,SAIL,AAI,AIR,BHEL,ISRO,BEL and various state owned sectors like in the Electricity boards etc.

There are also options in the private sectors but one needs to chose smartly,

ECE engineers normally end up in the IT sector in MNCs like, TCS,WIPRO,INFOSYS,IBM,ACCENTURE etc.Though i must admit that IT sector is not the core area for the ECE engineers but provided the handsome salary and numerous opprtunities in the IT sector ECE engineers are running after it.
So,one might go for it if interested in softwares.

Apart form the IT sector,ECE engineers can find their going abit tough but not impossible to get the jobs.
Embedded fields are the option where companies like Nokia,Ericson,Samsung recruits ECE engineers with sound knowledge of their subjects.

These days Automation has the widest scope for the ECE engineers in the core field as almost all the plants have become automated.
So one can go for a course in PLC,SCADA,DCS which will be plus point opening up even more opportunities.

Higher studies is the other option if interested.

If you can get admission in the M.Tech through the GATE score in some very reputed college like the IITs or even the NITs then M.Tech would be the better option in comparison to MBA.

Good Luck.
10th September 2013, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

After btech if go for si selections means...??
21st October 2013, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

i had compltd B.tech. (ece) & clear gate .can i take electrical stream in M.tech.
22nd November 2013, 02:49 AM
Unregistered

Hello, i have done B.tech in ECE now i want to do M.tech in software engineering is there any alternative to do the course in india & how ???
4th March 2014, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my b.tech in e.c.e. stream a want to do m.tech correspondently so suggest be a good and specialization in m.tech where there is scope in future
25th June 2015, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

I have taken ece in bteck.. by choosing of ece there are no chances of doing ms in abroad ?? Is it true???
28th July 2015, 01:51 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Hello Friend..

As you want to decide your career after B Tech..

There are lot of options for an ECE student after doing B Tech..
--- You can either move to a private sector firm such as TCS, WIPRO, INFOSYS, IBM etc
through campus placement or through off campus through E LITMUS exam..

---If you are good in technical part and want to do government job then fill the GATE form and qualify it with good score to get a call letter for interview from some good PSU's such as HPCL, ONGC etc..

---you can also apply offline form for PSU's such as BEL etc in which you have to clear the written exam and interview to get the job..

---If you have interest in business or want to start a business then go for MBA from a reputed college..

--- If you want to continue your study in technical side then go for M tech..

It's totally depends upon you and your interest which option will you choose..

All the Best..
30th March 2016, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

I finished my ug ece if there is any possibilities to join agri related me courses
31st March 2016, 11:52 PM
work@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i dont know what should i do after b.tech in ece
please help me ... i want to do mba ... but i am confused with m.tech
which is better ... which one one has more job opportunities
If you have a good academic scores and willing to work, you could make use of the ca,pus recruitments at your pass outs. B Tech in ECE can be fed to most vacancies both in IT and electronic fields. You can also take leave in MNC's for taking Higher qualification which can promote your Designation as well your salary scale. You could get a paid leave or non-paid leave as per the contract terms with your company.

Taking MBA will promote you to administrative designations while MTech will lead you to senior Technical Advisor or Lead of projects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?