27th March 2011, 01:18 PM
sweetmansi

Is it necessary to take Hindi in class 10th to apply for government jobs like IAS?

hi , i m in class 9 & want to know that is it necessary to take hindi in class 10 to apply for government jobs like IAS etc. ?

1st July 2011, 11:49 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is it necessary to take Hindi in class 10th to apply for government jobs like IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmansi View Post
hi , i m in class 9 & want to know that is it necessary to take hindi in class 10 to apply for government jobs like IAS etc. ?
No not at all necessary to do that. you can choose what ever you are comfortable with.

No govt job entrance exam like IAS entrance or Groups will ask your subject in 10th as hindi or other language

all they need is your degree as qualification and attitude to serve the nation.

It is really good that you seek help from us(seniors) who already passed your stage

and yes you are welcome to ask any further queries relating to your career here.

we are ready to help you.

Regards

~AdityA~

1st July 2011, 11:58 AM
kritika kaushik
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Is it necessary to take Hindi in class 10th to apply for government jobs like IAS?

Quote:
No not at all, hindi is not necessary to apply for the government jobs.
You have to learn the general awareness either from a newspaper or from the internet.
The main thing is the aptitute and your general knowledge which is very important for the government jobs.
English and a good communication skills is really important for all the jobs not only for government but private also.
Thus,hindi is not necessary,you have to learn the basic knowledge about your particular field in which you are interested.
All the best...

1st July 2011, 12:17 PM
krishabi

Default Re: Is it necessary to take Hindi in class 10th to apply for government jobs like IAS?

Quote:
if u learn hindi it vl b a additional qualification, bt it s nt necessary 2 take hindi n standard 10th. tanks 4 asking suggestions 2 us(seniers)

1st July 2011, 01:56 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Post Re: Is it necessary to take Hindi in class 10th to apply for government jobs like IAS?

Any government job whether I.A.S. or I.P.S. Doesnt require you to take hindi as the compulsory subject,but you have to take any one of the languages specified by the Indian Constitution. For ias exam you have to pass graduate from any discipline. You can know many information about it from www.upsc.gov.in

regards,
yash

1st July 2011, 02:30 PM
umathkavi

Default Re: Is it necessary to take Hindi in class 10th to apply for government jobs like IAS?

No,it is not necessary to take hindi in 10th class for any govt.jobs. They just want a graduate degree from an govt. affiliated university. Feel free to choose subjects of your interests

19th July 2011, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

im tooo confused about my career so plz can any 1 help me bout this??????

4th December 2011, 10:44 PM
honeyandmoney

No not at all necessary to do that. you can choose what ever you are comfortable with.

No govt job entrance exam like IAS entrance or Groups will ask your subject in 10th as hindi or other language

all they need is your degree as qualification and attitude to serve the nation.

It is really good that you seek help from us(seniors) who already passed your stage
good luck

4th February 2012, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

i m in class 8 nd i wan to knw whether it is necessary to choose hindi in class 9.

8th January 2013, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

hi,mai hindi medium se graduation kiya hoon mai confuse hoon ki mai kya karu mujhe english ki adhik jankari nahi hai, mai up pcs pre.exam me baith chuka hu jisme mujhe safalta nahi mili kripa sahi sujhav dijiye mai kya karu .

9th January 2013, 03:11 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

No it is not necessary to take Hindi or any subjects in order to appear for IAS, you just need to be graduate from any recognized university of India.
But in IAS mains exam, you'll be having Hindi as your main subject.
Gud luck

9th January 2013, 03:19 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

No dear it is not necessary to take Hindi in class 10th it totally your choice. there are one benefit If you want to make their career in government sector like IAS IPS, SSC etc then Hindi is more useful for you to make better preparation.

Eligibility For IAS
Candidate should be graduate in any stream.
age of the candidate should be 21 to 30 year.
3 year age relaxation for OBC candidate
5year age relaxation for SC/ST candidate

Nationality should be INdian

Number of Limit

General candidate can attempt 4 times
OBC candidate can attempt 87 times
SC/ST have no restriction till above age limit

Best Of Luck

9th January 2013, 08:54 PM
abhishek0123

No, Hindi is not necessary for IAS. You can choose english as a writing language. You require to fulfil only the following conditions:-
1)Candidate should be graduate in any stream.
2)age of the candidate should be 21 to 30 year.
3 year age relaxation for OBC candidate
5year age relaxation for SC/ST candidate
3)Nationality should be Indian

22nd February 2013, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

iwanna became a DRDOand i am in class 9 is it necessary to take hindi as everybody says so?

1st April 2013, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Is it necessary to take Hindi in class 10th to apply for government jobs like IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m in class 8 nd i wan to knw whether it is necessary to choose hindi in class 9.
i don't hav an idea!!!sry yr........

22nd May 2014, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi , I'm in class 9 and I've taken French instead of Hindi. Will I be able to give IAS exam or would I have to give Hindi board exam for it ?

11th May 2017, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

My son has taken German as 5th subject in 9th class instead of Hindi. Is Hindi or any other regional language compulsory for appearing in govt exams in future.? Will he be eligible for IAS exams without Hindi or any other regional language?

15th May 2019, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

My daughter has taken french in class 9 will it be possible for her to apply for government jobs.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?