25th April 2010, 09:56 PM
anju gupta99

Which subjects are compulsory in 10+2 for economics honours graduation?

which subjects are compulsory in 10+2 for doing economics honours graduation

26th April 2010, 12:59 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which subjects are compulsory in 10+2 for economics honours graduation?

Students from any stream can persue Economics honours.

Arts, student can persue B.A (Economics) provide that they has Economic Geograpgy/ Applied Mathematics/Economics or other related field as one of the main subjec.

Commerce, student can persue B.com (Economics) provided that they had Economics/Business Mathematics/Pure Mathematics/Economic Geography as one of the main subject.

Science, student can persue B.sc (Economics) provided that they had Mathematics as one of the main subject.

This is general eligibility criteria ,however it also depends upon particular Admitting institute.

Best of Luck
26th April 2010, 03:41 PM
Md.Salam

Default Re: Which subjects are compulsory in 10+2 for economics honours graduation?

Dear friend anyone can opt for economics but maths is compulsory if you want to take economics while doing graduation........
best of luck...............
26th April 2010, 04:49 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

maths and economics are complulsory to get admission in
economics hons. the candidates are passed in 12th class
from any stream are eligible for economic hons. If you will
get good marks in economics and maths, then you will
easily get admission in economics hons.

the candidates have business maths and economics
in 12th level are also eligible for to get admission in
economic hons.

ok
all the best.
26th April 2010, 06:04 PM
nandhinikuttyrajan

Smile Re: Which subjects are compulsory in 10+2 for economics honours graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anju gupta99 View Post
hai...
if u mean B.A & M.A(economics)it is better to take commerce wid maths.if u want i will give a experience from my family...i have a cousin sis she took commerce(maths) & wid 93.7% she got admn in a reputed college(kerala).she took b.a economics,now she has finished final yr.so,if she finish this degree if she want she can go 4 futher studies.then after that she can apply 4 IAS,journalism etc.whatever she needed under this course.
faithfully ur's helper......gud bye!
30th April 2010, 11:41 AM
AVavantikakhullar23

i gave my boards exams this year from commerce side but without maths , i was having informatics practices,economics,business studies,accountancy and english as my subjects in standard 12th. and now i want to do economics honours 'CAN I DO??'.
5th May 2010, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects are compulsory in 10 2 for economics honours graduation?

which subjects are compulsary in 10 2 for geography honours???
6th May 2010, 02:12 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVavantikakhullar23 View Post
i gave my boards exams this year from commerce side but without maths , i was having informatics practices,economics,business studies,accountancy and english as my subjects in standard 12th. and now i want to do economics honours 'CAN I DO??'.
Yes off course dear.Your subject combination better allows you to do so.If you have had Maths at +2 then it will be much better, but dont worry still you are eligible for it.

Quote:
which subjects are compulsary in 10 2 for geography honours???
Anything in class-10 does'nt matters,in +2 you belongs from any stream does'nt matters just having Geography or Economic Geography as one of themain subject.

Best of Luck
10th May 2010, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects are compulsory in 10 2 for economics honours graduation?

i gave my board exams this year rom arts sides ,i was having economics,information practices,polticalscience,sociology and english and i want to do economic honours .But i am scared to doing this because i dont have maths .so please telll me can i do economic honours without
maths?can you tell me subject need in first year for economic honours?
13th May 2010, 05:51 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i gave my board exams this year rom arts sides ,i was having economics,information practices,polticalscience,sociology and english and i want to do economic honours .But i am scared to doing this because i dont have maths .so please telll me can i do economic honours without
maths?can you tell me subject need in first year for economic honours?

No problem you can definitely Enroll for B.A. Economics Honours. If you does'nt have Maths then it will creat little problem, as because the combination of subjects will be something like this-

Economics (As the Honours Subject).

Mathematics (As the Compulsory subject)

And you may select any other subject as your Optional Subject, like- Philosophy, English, Hindi, Etc. it depends upon the availability of that particular subject int he respective college.

But dont worry The Maths that you will study there will not be so typical as it is for B.sc (Economics) or any other science or B.com (Economics).

Dont forget Mathematics is the Language of Economics as that of Physics, said by H.C.Verma.

Best of Luck
13th May 2010, 06:00 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

the eligibility for doing economics honours graduation is clearly given at
http://www.ucalendar.uwaterloo.ca/0708/ARTS/economics.html
13th May 2010, 06:16 PM
Senior Member+++

yes friend there is no problemm you can enroll for eco(hons)but you might face problem coz you don not have maths and in the first year you will be maths as your compulsory subject
13th May 2010, 08:31 PM
sandeeppatil19

Quote:
That is depend on your study. because economics subject is compulsory having your maths perfect. There are some equations are similar to the maths equation. so,its may be compulasy that your maths is perfect. and then you go further.

best of luck.
13th May 2010, 11:19 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear frnd,
either you are in science or in commerce one subject which is compulsary i.e economics.
14th May 2010, 11:35 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

following subjects are compulsory in 10+2 for economics honours graduation :-

Accounts
Economics
Maths
Business
English
14th May 2010, 03:17 PM
sonal goel

Dear,
For economic honours you should atleast have the basic knowledge of commerce so that you can easily understand the subjects of the course
18th May 2010, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

hindustan times said that accounts is compulsry for eco hons,is it true?
i am a science student and i want to pursue economic hons
20th May 2010, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I WAS HAVING ECO, GEOGRAPHY, POLITICAL SCIENCE, BENGALI N ENGLISH AS MA MAIN SUBJECT...............
CAN I HAVE ECONOMICS HONOURS........................
20th May 2010, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

what r the scopes of geography ? n wat is the cut offs? dat is in du n wich colleges in mumbai offers geography hons?
22nd May 2010, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

i want to know what 4 subjects are included in best 4 for taking up economics honours from du ?(as i hav scored less in accounts nd rest all are very gud )
24th May 2010, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

what r 4 best subjects to apply fofr geography hons.
24th May 2010, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

SIR CAN U TEL ME IS ECONOMICS COUNTED IN THE TOP FOUR FOR ECO HONS?
24th May 2010, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

cant we do after laeving maths aside.
is there any alternative for it
24th May 2010, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

cant we do eco honours leaving maths.
is there any alternative for it
25th May 2010, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

can hindi b included as one of the main subjects for geography hons.???????
26th May 2010, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

im havng accouts eco bussiness stud eng and physical edu in 12th can i do eco hons
27th May 2010, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

sir i wanted to ask what are d colleges available if i want to do eco hons from du i am from science stream with 81.25%as my marks
28th May 2010, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me i am eligible to do economic honours or not i hav complited 12th exam (humanities stream ) and scroed 78%......i am worried that i hav not got maths an accounts as my compulsory subjects but i am not affraid from these two and also have keen interest to pursue the course. thank you. Ritu
4th June 2010, 02:26 PM
sribala sah

I did not have maths in classes 9 ,10, 11 n 12......can i do economic honors? My current subjects are- economics,accounts,psychology and history.....i have studied commerce in classes 9 and 10...
5th June 2010, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

sir could u pls tell me what r the subjects in economis hons.
pls reply .......i will be very thankful to u ..................
12th June 2010, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

i got 79 in economics and 57 in maths in 10 2 examination ..
am i eligible for eco hons??
15th June 2010, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

is english compulsory for economucs honours?
16th June 2010, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

yea english is compulsory in moost of the fields......
16th June 2010, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

is maths counted in the best 4 percentage for economics honrs ?????????
17th June 2010, 02:49 PM
siddharthkathuria

Thumbs up Re: Which subjects are compulsory in 10+2 for economics honours graduation?

Quote:
u need 2 have passing marks in maths and 50% in economics and 45% aggregate
all the best...
19th June 2010, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have passed my 12 with 76%(PCM).i want to do eco(HONS.) BUT all are against it and saying to do BTECH. I WANT TO PREPARE MYSELF FOR CIVIL SERVICES.am i going to do right.
11th July 2010, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

i have economics,accounts,English,history,political science and additional maths /business studies .

what best can i do after 2 ?

which are the colleges i can go for ?

and which courses i can do ?
23rd July 2010, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

i am in 10th class . i would like to know about how much marks are required in 10th and 12th class to get admission in government college of delhi
31st July 2010, 12:26 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

HEllo,

For economics, it is best if you take mathematics. It is very compulsory for it.

Good Luck
31st July 2010, 12:28 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Quote:
sir,i have passed my 12 with 76%(PCM).i want to do eco(HONS.) BUT all are against it and saying to do BTECH. I WANT TO PREPARE MYSELF FOR CIVIL SERVICES.am i going to do right.
Hello,

Do what you want to do. It is good to listen to others advice, but this related to your career. Do what you desire.

Good Luck!

Quote:
is maths counted in the best 4 percentage for economics honrs ?????????
Yes, Maths is counted and is very important.
You need to have a good score in maths to pursue eco hons.

Good luck!
26th August 2010, 01:25 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

as it is obvious that you are going to do graduation with economics honours.

so economics will be compulsory.along with economics mathematics will be compulsory.

all the best.
28th August 2010, 03:04 PM
KHAN20

dear friend
i think economis is must in 12th standard.if u have maths in ur 12th standard.then it will be benifited for u.because when u face economis hons related problem then it will be very easy for u to solved it&get perfact result.so math is good subject but not compalsury subject.u can also keep any commers related subjets.it will also benifited for u.and also u can keep arts subjects.bt most importtant thing that u keep in ur mindthat economics is must inur 12th standard.
all the best.
31st August 2010, 07:47 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
the compulsory subject in 10+2 for economics honours is economics & mathemetics.
best of luck
31st August 2010, 07:50 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
the compulsory subject in 10+2 for economics honours is economics & mathemetics.
best of luck
1st September 2010, 04:43 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

Though students of any stream i.e. science, arts & commerce can pursue a bachelor's degree in economic honours but students having maths & economics subjects at the 10+2 level will find it easier to get admission in top ranked colleges offering graduate degree in economics honours.

The minimum %age required for this purpose is 45% at 10+2 level.
13th September 2010, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

sir i had commerce with maths in 10 2 i scored 85 in economics nd 50 in maths so can iget admission for eco hons??? also i am preparing for cpt's so is it possible dat both the courses can be done together???
15th September 2010, 09:48 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
sir i had commerce with maths in 10 2 i scored 85 in economics nd 50 in maths so can iget admission for eco hons??? also i am preparing for cpt's so is it possible dat both the courses can be done together???

Yes of course dear.........!

You have taken a wise decision.

Infact 70% student who Prepares for CPT's first get admit into B.com or else which seems relevant to them and simultaneously carry on with there CPT preparetion.

Just Go ahead..........!

Best of Luck
15th September 2010, 10:04 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

maths and economics subject is necessary in 10+2 for economics hons in graduation. for science student if they have mathematics then he can do hons in economics.
15th September 2010, 11:07 PM
Rickers

Hello,
For Economics honours in graduation a candidate must have Eco/Geo/Maths in the 12th for arts students.
For commerce student it will be Eco/Bmaths/Accounts for economic honours in graduation.
15th September 2010, 11:32 PM
ravi6

Students from any stream can persue Economics honours.

Arts, student can persue B.A (Economics) provide that they has Economic Geograpgy/ Applied Mathematics/Economics or other related field as one of the main subjec.

Commerce, student can persue B.com (Economics) provided that they had Economics/Business Mathematics/Pure Mathematics/Economic Geography as one of the main subject.

Science, student can persue B.sc (Economics) provided that they had Mathematics as one of the main subject.

This is general eligibility criteria ,however it also depends upon particular Admitting institute.

Best of Luck

REGARDS
ravi6
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?