28th March 2013, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer after writing 12th exam(Bio Maths)?

I have written my plus two exams (Bio-Maths). I want to become an I.A.S officer. Which degree will make my upsc exams easy? If I choose medicine , will it be suitable for civil services exam?

30th May 2013, 05:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after writing 12th exam(Bio Maths)?

Yes, you can take medicine if you are interested in the subject. Today many of the doctors are switching their profession to IAS. You must collect the detailed exam syllabus and make preparations accordingly. History, Geography, Polity, general studies, etc should be asked for the exam. Optional paper can be taken at mains exam.
1st June 2013, 12:23 AM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

1st June 2013, 09:41 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After 12th standard, one is not eligible for IAS. To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer, one has to get through Civil Service Examination being conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through two stages of written exams:- Preliminary Exam also called as CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) and Civil Service Main Exam and finally through Personal Interview.

Hence in order to become an IAS officer one has to complete Graduation after 12th.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th September 2013, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

i have opted for maths in 11th & want to be an IAS. Should i prepare for LLB or IIT after 12th for a diploma?
13th December 2013, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

I have only 60 percent in plus two so can I write ias exam
5th January 2014, 09:00 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

As you have completed 12th class in Science stream, you might be having the following subjects in your 12th class
Botany
Zoology
Physics
Chemistry etc.

So, I suggest you to opt for Graduation in a stream where the Botany and Zoology subjects are being available.

The reason why I am suggesting like this is for civil services main exam, one have to opt for optional subject. In the list of optional subject you are having Botany and Zoology.

Try to join this course and simultaneously start preparation for Civil services exam which will let you to be placed in various civil services like IAS.

The selection procedure for this would involve
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

You should have to complete your Graduation course successfully to be eligible for civil services exam.

Make sure that you will be in the age group of 21-30 years by the time you apply for this exam. This is the required age criteria to apply for this exam.

With regard to number of attempts,
-For the candidates of General category : Maximum of 4 attempts
-For the candidates of OBC category : Maximum of 7 attempts
There is no limit on number of attempts for the candidates of SC or ST category.

Prepare well for the exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
24th May 2014, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Please give me the name of various courses as if I am a bio.maths student and also which gives me salary above1,00,000/month
9th June 2020, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

What to do after class 12th CBSE if I took biology in class 12th,for UPSC?
27th October 2020, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

After chooseing biomaths in 12 which course is very very best for IAS ?
29th June 2021, 04:56 PM
Iffa0786

Here I attach the PDF file for more information about IAS officer
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Notification-CSPE_2020_N_Engl (1).pdf(3.05 MB, 0 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?