13th April 2013, 12:02 AM
sonal4u

How to appear for IAS exam after passing BSc Biotechnology from Patkar College?

i am jagruti stdyng in t.y.bsc biotechnology from patkar college...n want 2 appear for IAS exm....so plzz can u help me out with right guidance...from ur side to reach my goal....

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after passing BSc Biotechnology? I am a student of BSc Biotechnology
  2. How t do PG in Advertising from Symbiosis Pune? I am SYBMM student from Patkar College, Mumbai
  3. Eligibility to get admission in Presidency college, Kolkata for Integrated M.Sc(Biotechnology)? In which entrance exam I have to appear? Scope after completing? -- [New]
  4. How to do MBA in Biotechnology after passing BSc Biotechnology? Procedure for admission?
  5. Best college in Chennai for BSc Biotechnology? Prospects of the course in India? After BSc Biotechnology what should I do?
  6. How can I do BSc Biotechnology in Vidya Pratishthan College of Biotechnology, Pune? What are the career opportunities?
  7. Can I get admission in BSc Biology after passing 12th with 74%
  8. Can i do Msc in Biotechnology after passing BSc in Physics
  9. How to do MSc Biotechnology from Sikkim? Is there any college affiliated to this course? I am a BSc Biotechnology
  10. How to go for further studies in Biotechnology? I have done BSc Honors in Biotechnology
  11. Are there any colleges providing admission in 3rd year? I am doing BSc in Biotechnology
  12. Should I go for BSc Biotechnology or B.Tech Biotechnology?
  13. How can I become an IAS after passing BSc Maths?
  14. Which is the best college between KJ Somaiya College and Ramniranjan, Jhunjunwala college for F.Y.BSc Biotechnology course?
  15. What should I do after passing BSc Biotechnology?
  16. Which government job can I get after passing BSc Chemistry, computer science and biotechnology
  17. Is IAS best stream to choose after B.Sc? Details about IAS?
  18. Can I do BSc in Biotechnology directly after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
13th April 2013, 12:07 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to appear for IAS exam after passing BSc Biotechnology from Patkar College?

IAS - Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Universitry within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

As you are pursing B.Sc. Biotechnology, after completion of which you will be eligible to apply for IAS, Civil Service Exam.

The eligible candidate applying for Civil Service Exam is called for a Preliminary Exam also called as CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) exam during first phase of exam.

In the second phase, the candidate selected out of CSAT is called for Civil Service Main Exam.

And the final phase of selection is through Personal Interview out of candidate selected from Main Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th April 2013, 12:12 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to appear for IAS exam after passing BSc Biotechnology from Patkar College?

yes , your eligible for apply IAS examination because B.Sc Biotechnology is a one of the Graduation course

IAS stands Indian Administrative Service

IAS exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission once a year

IAS is a one of the Civil Service Examination

IAS is a three stages Process :

CSAT

Civil Services Mains

Interview

CSAT :

CSAT Stands Civil Service Aptitude Test

CSAT is a UPSC test that eliminates non-serious candidates .
It is an objective test with two papers

Civil Services Main :

It is main & deciding phase of IAS exams conducted by UPSC

Each candidate needs to write subjective answers to multiple papers

IAS Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Candidates should be complete Graduation in any stream from a recognized University

Final year studying Candidates also eligible for apply

Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

21 to 33 years for OBC Candidates

21 to 35 years for SC/ST Candidates

Number of Attempts :

General Candidates : Four Times

OBC Candidates : Seven Times

SC/ST Candidates : No Limit

13th April 2013, 12:50 PM
gurleen uppal

hi friend...

its good idea to go for civil services..you can appear in IAS after completing your graduation, one must have age limit of 21 to 30 years...
candidate of general category can appear max. of 4 times and others 7 times
candidate must be indian.

here is pattern of exam,
1. IAS Exam (Preliminary)

2.IAS exam (main)

3. interview

you can get important information here

www.upsc.gov.in

also read all NCERT science, maths books or 5th to 12th standard
and read news papers daily..
and current affairs..

all the best...
13th April 2013, 02:57 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

If you want to appear in the IAS exams than you have to appear in the UPSC Civil Services Exams.

This exam is conducted by UPSC Just once each year
This exam is held to fill seats in 24 departments like IAS, IPS,IFS,IRS etc

UPSC Civil Services Exams are held in three stages:
Prelims
Mains
Interview

Eligibilty to apply is:

Education:
Bachelors Degree Pass in any stream from a recognized university
Final year degree students can also apply for the Prelims exams

Age- Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
OBC can apply till 33 years
SC/ST can apply till 35 years

Attempts
General- 4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-No Restrictions
14th April 2013, 09:06 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend............

If you are interested to Become a IAS officer first you can crack the Civil Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission

For this Civil Examination some eligibility criteria are required i.e. Educational Qualification, Age limit,Nationality, etc............

If you satisfy these all Eligibility criteria then you are eligible for IAS

First you can appear for Civil Examination

Civil Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones,

For this Civil Examination some eligibility are there

if you satisfy these all eligibility then you are eligible for civil examination

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination

Educational Qualification

>> Candidates have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university,

>> Final year students also eligible for this examination

>> There is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

>> Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

Nationality

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

** Preliminary Examination

** Mains Examination

** Interview Test

No.of Attempts

>> Maximum 7 attempts for general candidates

>> Maximum 4 attempts for OBC Candidates

>> There is no restriction for SC/ST candidates
15th April 2013, 04:57 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Jagruti,

Its nice to see that you want to Join The Indian Administrative Services and serve the Nation as an IAS Officer.

You can achieve this through cracking the Civil Services Examination. The Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil Services Exam every year for those candidates who want to join any of the below mentioned services :

* Indian Administrative Services

* Indian Police Services

* Indian Foreign Services

* Indian Revenue Services

* Treasury Offices

The Civil Services Examination is conducted in three steps and all the steps need to be cracked by the candidates. These Steps are :

1) Preliminary Examination

2) MAINS Examination

3) Personal Interview

There are some eligibility criteria that you have to fulfill in order to appear for the Civil Services Exam :

* The candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from any UGC recognized university.

* Those candidates who are in final year of Graduation are also eligible to appear for the Civil Services Exam.

* The Age Limit For the Civil services Exam are :

* The candidate must be an Indian Citizen or a subject of Nepal , or a subject of Bhutan.

* The Number of Attempts Allowed for the Civil services Exam are :

a) For Open category Candidates : 4

b) For OBC Candidates : 7

c) For SC/ST Candidates : No Limit

Now as you have mentioned that currently you are in the third year of B.Sc Biotechnology , you are not eligible for the Civil Services Exam.

So , As per your educational qualifications and the leigibility criteria required , you need to wait for 1 more year until you will be in the final year of B.Sc Biotechnology or have to complete gardaution to appear for the Civil services Exam.

This is the information i have to the bets of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
10th May 2014, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

questions from which subjects a graduated student from b.sc biotechnology have to face in ias exam
2nd July 2019, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am Shreya sen i am a b.sc biotechnology 1st year student, so can I appear for IPS examination?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?