15th April 2011, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

After scoring 60.20% in B.E can I get a government job?

I have completed my B.E.(Mech.) with 60.20% throuout.so pls give me the list of govt.company which is located in mumbai for applying job.

10th August 2011, 02:55 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After scoring 60.20% in B.E can I get a government job?

Hello friend,
Being an engineering graduate and having scored 60%, you are eligible to apply for government sector jobs. To do so, you may either write Engineering Service Exam conducted by union public service commission or you may apply for various public sector units.
For Engineering Service Exam, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years.
Being a graduate in engineering is enough to be eligible for the exam but to apply for public sector units, the maximum age limit and required percentage may vary as per the companies standards. Since you have scored 60%, you will be eligible for most of the PSU's undoubtedly.
5th November 2011, 01:18 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: After scoring 60.20% in B.E can I get a government job?

Hi

Any common govt exam requires the candidate to be between 21 to 30 years of age, and he/she should have passed graduation in more than 60% aggregate.

Since you fulfill both the criteria's you can definitely get a govt. job. But you have to clear their entrance exams apart from being eligible for them.

NTPC, NHPC etc PSU;s conducted their own exams till last year, but from this time.. they would recruit on the basis of GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score.

So start preparing, get a good rank, and then directly get placed in a govt sector organization.

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?