1st August 2013, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria of lecturer post?

i want to know that ,what is the criteriya of lecturer post...please tell me what is it

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed criteria for the post of lecturer at Polytechnic
  2. What is the criteria of lecturer post?
  3. What's the eligibility criteria for the post of lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? What's the applying procedure? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to become a government lecturer after completing B.A LLM exam
  5. Required Eligibility criteria to apply for the position of Lecturer in a Government College? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government polytechnic colleges
  7. Criteria for Lecturer post in private Polytechnic college?
  8. How to apply for lecturer post after completing graduation?
  9. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government polytechnic colleges? What's the applying procedure for the same? I've completed B.E(ECE)
  10. Eligibility for post of Lecturer in government polytechnic college? Procedure to apply? -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible for the post of government polytechnic college?
  12. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  13. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college and Procedure to apply?
  14. Which exam do I need to answer to become a lecturer in college? Max age criteria for becoming a lecturer?
  15. Eligibility criteria and qualification for the post of lecturer in universities?
  16. Can I apply for lecturer post in any government recognized college after scoring 45.5% in B.A and 61% in M.A?
  17. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government polytechnic colleges? I have completed MCA but degree with Chemistry
  18. What is the last date of UP TGT or PGT recruitment?
5th September 2013, 02:02 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the criteria of lecturer post?

Master degree holders can try for lecturer jobs in the concerned subject. This qualification must be obtained with good percentage of marks. Those with M.Phil or Ph.D qualification will be given preference. Qualifying NET is mandatory to have admission in government colleges. NET exam is conducted by UGC twice a year.
6th September 2013, 01:13 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you want lecturer job then you will have to appear for the National Eligibility Test (NET) entrance exam. It is conducted twice a year by the University Grants Commission for lectureship as well JRF.

The purpose behind the National Eligibility Test is to ensure good quality of lecturers in government colleges. Just as Teachers Eligibility Test is conducted for government school teachers.

As mentioned earlier National Eligibility Test is conducted twice a year in June and December. Around a month in advance the University Grants Commission issues a notification regarding the exam after which online registration process begins.

You should be able to meet the following eligibility criteria in order to appear for the National Eligibility Test.

NET Eligibility

1. Must have completed post graduation.

2. Degree should be completed from UGC recognized college.

3. Final year students are also eligible.

4. They should submit degree in 2 years from the date of passing NET.

5. Marks in post graduation should be 55%.

6. There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST.

7. There is no relaxation for OBC.

8. To apply for JRF you should be below 28 years.

9. The age limit is 31 year for OBC to apply for JRF.

10. Same is 33 years for SC and ST.

11. The lower age limit is 19 years for lectureship.

12. There is no upper age limit.
7th September 2013, 11:06 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to know that ,what is the criteriya of lecturer post...please tell me what is it
Since you want to be a lecturer therefore let me tell you that in order to apply for the lectureship post you need to sit for an exam which is called the National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted basically to determine the eligibility of applicants for Lectureship or Junior Research Fellowship.

NET exam is conducted by the University Grants Commission and by giving this exam you can only apply for those colleges in the state where you have opted for UGC NET. The application process of this exam is conducted online and in almost 76 centres all over India the exam is conducted. This year's exam was recently conducted on June 30, 2013.

In order to sit for this exam first and foremostly you need to have a master's degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. In addition to that it is also important to secure 55% of marks at post graduation level. There is 5% relaxation available for the SC/ST/PWD candidates.

This exam can also be given by the final year candidates who have already appeared for their final exam and is waiting for the results to come out. But they will be allowed to give this exam on one condition. They needs to pass the PG exam within two years of the NET results.

Please Note:- It would be beneficial if you appear in the subject of your PG course. However if your subject is not specified by UGC in that case you have to look for related subjects.

Those who applies for JRF for them the upper age limit for them is 28 years. There is however years relaxation for SC/ST/ PWD/OBC AND women candidates. Apart from that L.L.M. Degree holders and the ones with research experience in the relevant subject of the PG degree gets a 5 years relaxation.

But since you want to specifically know about the lectureship post therefore let me tell you that there is luckily no such age limit for this post. It should be remembered that Ph.D holders are exempted from the NET/SLET/SET eligibility crieteria.

For more information please use the following options to contact UGC:-

Help Line No.: 011-24113447
Email: [email protected]

Hope this helps :-> :->
7th September 2013, 07:07 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Its nice to see that you want to become a lecturer. You can do this through clearing the NET Examination.

The NET Stands for National Eligibility Test. This Test is conducted every year twice by the University Grants Commission.

This Test is conducted every year for the following posts :

* Lecturer

* Junior Research Fellowship

The NET Exam is conducted in the following phases :

1) Written Examination

2) Personal Interview

The Qualifications Required for NET Examination are :

** The candidate must have completed post graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

** The candidate must have completed Post graduation with a minimum of 55% marks.

** Final year Post Graduation candidates are also eligible.

** There is no age limit for Lecturer post.

** The age limit for JRF post is 20-28 years.

** A relaxation of 3 years is given to OBC Candidates whereas SC/ST candidates are given a relaxation of 5 years.

** The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
8th September 2013, 12:18 AM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
as you want to be a lecturer you will have to clear NET for that ,

NET stands for national eligibility test , it is conducted by university grant commission twice a year

NET exam is conducted twice for following :

lectureship
junior research fellowship

NET CONSISTS OF FOLLOWING STEPS :

written test
personal interview

qualification required for net :

must have completed post graduation from a recognized university
final year students also allowed
must have scored 55% in post graduation
5% relaxation for sc/st students
there is no upper age limit for lectuership

so you need to clear post graduation with minimum 55% to apply for net

good luck
8th September 2013, 09:02 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

Candidates willing to be a lecturer can take NET examination.

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test.

The UGC conducts NET examination every year to recruit candidates on the post of :

* Lecturer

* Junior Research Fellowship

There are two examinations conducted which candidates have to qualify :

i) Written Examination

ii) Personal Interview

The Eligibility a candidate must hold for NET examination are
:

* Candidates completed Post Graduation or pursuing Post Graduation in the final year are eligible to apply.

* The minimum marks required in Post Graduation is 55%.

* UGC has not set any age limit criteria for this post.

* Citizenship - Indian.

This is the all I have to share with you.

Thanks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?