21st August 2013, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

How should I take NET exam? I am pursuing MBA

sir i am pursuing MBA and i want to take NET exam and i need to know when will be the net exams are conducted?

22nd August 2013, 03:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I take NET exam? I am pursuing MBA

Dear friend

Its good to see that you are interested in NET exams after doing Master of Business administration.

NET means National Eligibility test .Candidates who desirous of becoming lecturer in government colleges or joining Junior Research fellowship give this exam.

This entrance exam is conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission in

1.June:For this year it had been conducted .

2.December : The important dates are about to come .

It was all about schedule of exams.

Now coming to eligibility criteria :

Minimum of post graduation that is master's degree is required since your are doing MBA you can apply for the NET exams during final year at www.ugcnetonline.in

Other than this make sure that you have minimum of 55% in Master's degree for the NET exam.If you are from sc/st category you will 5% relaxation in marks .

The upper age limit for JRF is 28 years and for lectureship there is no upper age limit.you can apply at any age.

Tips to clear the exam in pictorial form:

For any more latest information and details please visit www.ugc.ac.in

Hope the information helps you .If you have any other query you can leave your message here .

All the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
23rd August 2013, 08:15 AM
nishi513

HI FRIEND
->NET(National Eligibility Test) exam is conducted UGC twice every in JUNE & DECEMBER months
->The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NET exam is masters degree(post graduation) with atleast 55% of marks & 5% marks relaxation for reserved category candidates and final year students are also eligible to apply
->Maximum age limit to apply for JRF is 28 years & for lecturership there is no maximum age limit
->For further details visit www.ugc.ac.in

**ALL THE BEST**
23rd August 2013, 11:27 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am pursuing MBA and i want to take NET exam and i need to know when will be the net exams are conducted?
NET Exams are conducted by UGC twice a year in June and December

NET Exam is conducted for:
Lecturership
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

Age Limit:
Lectureship-No age limit
JRF-maximum age to apply is 28 years
OBC/WOMEN/SC/ST candidates can apply till 33 years

Next NET exams would be conducted in December 2013

You can fill the forms in October 2013 through the website www.ugcnetonline.in
23rd August 2013, 12:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

NET is conducted two times a year, June and December. You are eligible to apply, as you are a master degree holder in management. This qualification must be obtained with a minimum of 55% marks. Five percent relaxation is given for SC/ST ctegory candidates. Your age must be less than 28 years, if you are applying for JRF. There is no upper age limit for lecturership.
23rd August 2013, 04:22 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Hi,

Click image for larger version

Name:	ugc_logo_kitinfinet.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	144967

You can apply for NET exam during the final year of your postgraduation or after completing post graduation.

NET is conducted by UGC.

NET - National Eligibility Test

It is conducted for lecturer position in degree colleges.

To be eligible for NET ~~

You should be a post graduate ( MBA in your case) from a recognised university.

You should have scored 55% in post graduation.

There is no age limit to apply for NET.

NET is conducted two times in a year - June and December.

This year it has already been conducted in June and now you can apply for NET December.
23rd August 2013, 05:32 PM
maruthidevi

->NET(National Eligibility Test) exam is conducted UGC twice every in JUNE & DECEMBER months
->The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NET exam is masters degree(post graduation) with atleast 55% of marks & 5% marks relaxation for reserved category candidates and final year students are also eligible to apply
->Maximum age limit to apply for JRF is 28 years & for lecturership there is no maximum age limit
->For further details visit www.ugc.ac.in

**ALL THE BEST**
23rd August 2013, 08:53 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test or NET is conducted in June and December. The exam is for college lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. The criteria of the exam remains the same for both apart from the age limit which varies.

You can apply for the exam since you are pursing post graduation course. However there are some criteria which you should meet in order to apply.

Now since you have not finished the post graduation yet, there is still option to apply. You can either choose to wait till completing the course and then apply for National Eligibility Test.

Or you can also do that during the final year of post graduation. But you should keep some things in mind if trying to do so.

Well you should be confident of meeting the percentage criteria. In case you appeared and cleared the National Eligibility Test but failed to meet the required marks criteria after completing degree, it would mean disqualification.

Similarly you should be able to submit the degree within 2 years of passing the NET exam. Either you should submit degree else the mark sheet. Unable to do so will mean disqualification.

NET Eligibility

1. Nationality: It has to be Indian to apply.

2. Qualification: At least post graduation degree.

3. Marks: No less than 55 percent marks.

4. Relaxation is 5 percent for SC and ST.

5. There is no relaxation for Other Backward Class.

6. You can also appear during final year for which important points are mentioned above.

7. Subject for exam would depend on post graduation course.

8. Must be below 28 years to apply for JRF.

9. OBC can apply for JRF up to 31 years.

10. While SC/ST are allowed to apply till 33 years.

11. For lectureship you must have celebrated 19th birthday.

12. There is no upper age limit for the same.
24th August 2013, 01:51 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend...........

CSIR UGC NET also know as National Eligiblity Test is conducted by UGC Twice in a year.The examination is generally done in the month of June and December every year.

You can not apply for the December examination but you can apply for the June examination

ELIGIBILITY

Those students who have got master’s Degree with 55% from universities recognised by UGC you can apply for the examination

Final year students are also take the exam.

Age limit ::

For Junior Research Fellowship - You should be not more than 28 years. A relaxation upto 5
years is provided to SC, ST and for OBC candidates.

For Lectureship - There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship.

Pattern of the examination :

This time the examination is of objective types .The Test will consist of three papers of only objective type questions .

The three papers will be conducted in two session.

Paper I :Will contain the following questions :

Reasoning ability

Comprehension

Divergent thinking

General awareness.

Paper II and Paper III will be based on the optional subjects chosen by the candidates .

All the best.............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?