17th September 2013, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th with 83.4%

I am 17 years old and 12th passed with 83.4 and high school with 74.5
please suggest how can i join merchant navy?

29th April 2016, 11:39 PM
sah.alok932

Default Re: How can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th with 83.4%

There are two ways to join Merchant Navy after passing Intermediate exam.
1)After passing Intermediate with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics one can join Merchant by doing course named as
Bachelor of Science in Nautical Science-
B.SC in Nautical Science is a three year course in order to become a Merchant navy after passing Intermediate with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum 60% marks combined together.
Among very few entries B.sc in Nautical Science is one of them to have a career in Merchant Navy.It is a very costly course,a expensive one B.sc in Nautical Science is a full fledged three year course after passing Intermediate and it requires in total 7-8 lakhs as course fee around three year,a pretty expensive as compared to other courses.

2)Similarly there is another entry for Merchant Navy after Intermediate name as
B.Tech in Marine Engineering stands for Bachelor of Technology in Marine Engineering,a four year course requires same criteria as B.sc in Nautical Science,Intermediate with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics,but here there is a small extra requirement B.sc in nautical science is a direct entry where as B.tech in Marine Engineering is a entry through Entrance Exam,you have to rank well in a Engineering entrance exam to get a seat in Marine Engineering,a four year course compare to three year of B.sc nautical science,fees here also is same a expensive course,nearly 7-8 lakhs for four year year similar to above course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?