18th September 2013, 10:12 PM
kanak.tripathi

How can I crack IAS exam? I am a BDS final year student

I am a B.D.S final year student....which optional subjects I should take in future to crack ias exam?

30th June 2015, 04:15 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I crack IAS exam? I am a BDS final year student

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services and the examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. There is no special entrance examination for the IAS as there is common examination for the IAS,IPS,IFSetc... known as Civil services examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages and it's mandatory to qualify in each of the stages for the final selection. The stages are Preliminary, Mains and Interview. The candidate are offered the posts according to the performance in the last two stages.

Since you are in the final year of the B.D.S you are eligible to appear according to the educational qualification but the minimum age required is 21 years.

There is no limitations on selection of the optional subject other than your graduation discipline. So you can go with any of the subject list are available on the UPSC website.

But be careful and conscious while selecting the paper. As it plays a crucial role in the selection of the candidate. So go with the one on which you think that you can perform well.

Other than this try to go through the NCERT books from class VII-XII thoroughly before the preparation starts. For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?