24th December 2013, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Is education loan possible for expenses other than tuition fees?

dear sir/madam,
now i am studying b tech 2 nd year and i am admitted into college through ECET (ENGINEERING COMMON ENTRANCE TEST),so i will get tuition fee only from government why because i am OC candidate but i have income below 100000.

but i want to apply for education loan for purchasing laptop,books,exam fees,building fees,project work money like.....,
is it possible
to get both scholarship and education loan from any bank?
if it is possible tell me the procedure?
please tell me?

1st January 2014, 07:25 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is education loan possible for expenses other than tuition fees?

There is no need to worry since you can get scholarships as well as education loans. As your family income is below 100000, so you are eligible for scholarships from various private institutions. Private institutions like Indian Oil, TATA, Sahu Jain Trust, Life Insurance Corporation, ONGC, and many more offer scholarship to the students undertaking technical courses and whose family income is below 1 lakh. You can also get scholarship from the state government if there is any such provision in your state. States like Orissa, West Bengal, North Eastern States,etc. usually give such scholarships.

Certain links regarding scholarships are given below.
www.dorabjitatatrust.org/id/45/edited
www.iocl.com/Aboutus/Scholarships.aspx‎
sahujaintrust.timesofindia.com/‎
www.licindia.in/GJF_scholarship.htm

Regarding education loan, education loan comprises the tution fees, hostel and mess fees and other institutional fees. So you can get assistance of education loan for your examination fees, Building and administrative fees of your institute. However, you will not get any financial assistance from education loan for purchase of Laptop or books or project work.
24th January 2014, 04:45 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Bank interest varies between 12 to 13 per cent annually. Incase of India, you can get a loan of Rs 10 lakh approximately while for abroad studies, Rs 20 lakh can be granted. Some banks can provide loans amounting Rs 1 crore against residential property like land. You have to appear in the entrance examination and score good marks for securing the loan. If your course fee is between Rs 4 lakh to Rs 7.5 lakh, you need a guarantor who promises to pay the amount in case you fail to pay back the loan.
4th February 2014, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I get reimbursement of tution fees from Canara bank for educational loan of my son who is studying abroad
4th February 2014, 09:34 PM
A p Subhashini

I had already paid tution fees from my hand but after getting educational loan from Canara bank can I get the reimbursement
4th February 2014, 09:35 PM
A p Subhashini

I want to get reimbursement from Canara bank for tution fees from educational loan
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?