4th January 2014, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Are diploma holders eligible for IIT exam?

l have passed x from cbse with 10 gp
now i am in diploma 1st year. from govt. polytechnic
can i am eligible after diploma? can i give iit exam after diploma in engg.?

8th January 2014, 10:44 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are diploma holders eligible for IIT exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
l have passed x from cbse with 10 gp
now i am in diploma 1st year. from govt. polytechnic
can i am eligible after diploma? can i give iit exam after diploma in engg.?
Hey friend,

The IIT JEE Exam is conducted for candidates and for writing this exam the candidate need to satisfy the eligibility criteria framed for the exam.It is that the candidate must have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with a fair percentage.

As you have asking for a Diploma holders,it is that the candidate who has completed 3 or 4 year Diploma which is recognized by AICTE is eligible for the exam.

You need to get a minimum marks to get and for the candidates of different category it is that the candidate who is from a General category need to have 391/500, and for OBC candidates need to have 389/500 and for SC candidates it is 350/500.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the exam.

ALL THE BEST
10th January 2014, 02:00 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Yes, diploma holder is eligible for IIT exam . You should have 60% marks in your diploma .60% marks in aggregate for general category and 55% marks in aggregate for SC and ST category.
If you have diploma passed then you have 60% marks is required including all semesters then you can apply for the IIT exam.

Student need to have minimum marks of 60% in order to qualify for the IIT entrance exam. Those students who have done their engineering diploma from various states and board of technical education and had appear for IIT exam. Those students who have below 55% marks in their diploma they not appear for IIT entrance exam .

There is different quota for diploma holder student. Many colleges can reserve 15 % to 20 % seats for the diploma student. Many colleges can conduct the entrance exam for the diploma holder students.

And they give the admission on the students performance for the entrance exam test. Diploma holder students can take admission directly in 2nd year of engineering college. And complete their degree in 3 years. And at last diploma holder student is eligible for IIT exam.
12th May 2014, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

I am doing diploma final year after my 10th. Is it possible to write IIT exam to join B.E. If it is possible what exam i have to write JEE or any other exam. If any other exam what exam is that and what i have to prepare for that exam
18th January 2016, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

I am doing diploma in civil after my 10th. What procedure to write IIT exam.which exam I have to write.what I have to prepare.
30th January 2016, 11:42 PM
Chocolate_boy

No.
IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology which conducts JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) every year for admission in IIT.

So, every IIT aspirant needs to go from JEE.

Eligibility for JEE says that only 10+2 candidates are eligible for JEE & diploma is not equivalent to 10+2. So, its clearly noticed that diploma holders are not eligible for JEE & they can't join IIT after diploma.

But you can complete your B.Tech from another university by lateral entry.
31st January 2016, 12:00 AM
Chocolate_boy

No.
Diploma holders are not eligible for IIT.

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination is held by IIT every year for admission to B.Tech in IIT.

Eligibility for JEE:
>> 10+2 with PCM passed candidates.

>> No backlogs

>> Age limit is between 17-23 years.

But diploma is not equivalent to 10+2, so diploma holders are not eligible for IIT.
26th May 2016, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

I am doing diploma final year after my 10th. Is it possible to write IIT exam to join B.E. If it is possible what exam i have to write JEE or any other exam. If any other exam what exam is that
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?