9th January 2014, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Class 9th failed can get promoted to class 10th?

If we fail in 9th class we can promete to 10 class
plz tell yes or no? Pass or fail in 9 th class?

11th January 2014, 01:26 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Class 9th failed can get promoted to class 10th?

Unfortunately, you cannot be promoted to class 10 if you fail to clear your class 9 examinations. Spanning from CBSE TO ICSE or State Board affiliated schools, the minimum criteria for seeking admission in class 10 is scoring required marks in class 9. You may be asked to repeat the same class instead of getting promoted in class 10. You can also try to get admission in class 9 in NIOS Board as they provide you the flexibility to clear the papers in five attempts.
5th April 2014, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

my brother had compartment in 5subjects the school principal give us l.c she din gv him h change to repeat now wat should i do........ i don understand....pl...............z help mee as soon as u can.... is der any rule like dis
11th April 2014, 12:55 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my brother had compartment in 5subjects the school principal give us l.c she din gv him h change to repeat now wat should i do........ i don understand....pl...............z help mee as soon as u can.... is der any rule like dis
It's pretty hard to hear this and it's a bad impression on the principal to just give TC and send out the students like this but the bitter truth is there is nothing much can be done if the school principal have given the TC other than meeting them up personally and talk about the importance of your brothers studies at this stage.

Make sure you go along with your parents and your brother to principal office and talk with her in a way to give assurance that your brother will definitely get through the tests if given another chance and this is not just in words you need to make sure that it will be done.

If you have tried enough and nothing helped then the better thing to do is to search for other better schools where they will really spend their time to prepare the students well and not just give TC and make them go out. There will be a possibility of your brother loosing one year because when trying to join in next school it will be like repeating the same year again which shouldn't be much of a problem as he will have enough time to prepare well again and to give the exams.
15th June 2014, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

My child is fail in 9th n bord was ICSE now he wants to take Admission in CBSE bord what required we need to take admission in 10th but he is failing in 9th...
12th November 2014, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

My son has failed in 9 th standard in Algebra and Geometry in state board . I am worried about his future. Will he pass in to the 10 th standar
5th February 2015, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

I failed in maths in 9 icse but i am having more than 40 percent in overall subjects shall i be promoted to class 10
11th March 2015, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

I got failed in physics and maths in 9th class in icse board. Can I get admission to 10th class in cbse board
16th March 2015, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

My brother got failed in class 9th icse bord .can he get promotion to class 10th in cbse board
26th March 2015, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

If i fail in social science and english in 9th standard CBSE..will i be promoted to class 10th ...i m pakka sure that i will paas in MATHS ,SCIENCE AND HINDI ...but i m scared for social science and english...plsssss help..or i hav to suisis
De!!..
10th April 2015, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Help I failed 9th ICSE and I don't know what to do pleas help and ideas pleas can I join CBSE some how to 10th or I have to repeat 9th in CBSE pleas pleas help??!!
11th April 2015, 05:06 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

You can not get promoted in class 10th if you are fail in class 9th.It is not possible to get admission in other school in class 10th without passing 9th Class.So first of all,you have to pass the 9th class if you want to take admission in 10th class.You can talk to your principle for taking exam of 9th again and if he/she gets agree then you should prepare well for exam.You should not waste the year and work hard.If principal doesn't give you change then continue with 9th without thinking any thing.
13th April 2015, 05:46 PM
kranthi rj

If you are failed in ninth no one alows you to tenth class, some schools can promote you to tenth by pay money,
20th April 2015, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

My question is that if any chance to promote in class 10 school also not agree to give pass marksheet
23rd April 2015, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

As a subject in my state (TS),yes you will be promoted if you fail max.2 subjects.you may not be given admission in any school with the fail marks.
23rd April 2015, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

As a subject in my state (TS),yes you will be promoted if you fail max.2 subjects.you may not be given admission in any school with the fail marks.
7th May 2015, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 9th i have fail in final exam in subject math ànd 2 re-exams were given to me but again i have not cleared ..is there a chance from cbse board to give one more re-exam....kindly help me...
22nd May 2015, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

I have got less than 40% in maths so i am not promoted to class 10 but i have got good marks in other subjects and want to take admission in class 10 directly... Pls tell me the procedures????
28th May 2015, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

There is any more chance to clear class 9 this year in CBSE school.
9th August 2015, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

I had failed twice in IX class from CBSE board, can I appear as a private candidate in Xth board examination? Plz help!!
11th August 2015, 11:05 AM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-> No , it is impossible.
* It is must and should completion of 9th with pass percentage .
* Because 10th standard is organised by the state board , unless you complete 9th disqualified to get into 10th . Be careful and have concentration over 9th . without basic knowledge in 9th how can you understand the concepts of different subjects in tenth .
--> Hard work is the key for anything , please be dedicated and have strong determination you can cross anything .
--> Set time table as your priority and prepare it . dats all ..
30th January 2016, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Is it hard to pass 9th standard ICSE, my exams are coming up and I am writing hard. But my only concern is that I have done terribly in the past few exams. So I'm just really nervous.
10th March 2016, 08:38 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-> No , one should finish his 9th with pass percentage despite you need to repeat once again 9th standard .
-> Some schools which are organised by corporate categories will allow to get into 10th even if they failed in 9th .
-> In 9th class itself basics of 10th were introduced . So if you complete your 9th then it quite easy to crack 10th exams .
22nd March 2016, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Can school correct candidate name now as the typing error occurred in class 9 cbse record. Now he will be class 10.
1st April 2016, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

I failed in English and very poor attendance will I be promoted to 10th the school said that I will be repeated or removed
2nd April 2016, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

My daughter has failed cls9 ICSE and she is not getting promotion but she has got 38% so on the bases of sports and on the bases of good records she cannot be promoted to cls 10 .....plz ,......help
3rd April 2016, 03:13 PM
harsh590
Junior Member+

Hello Student,

The overall Exam pattern and Results are dependent on the School in which you're studying till 9th standard. Furthermore, you didn't mention that if you're studying in a Government or a Private school, because Government schools strictly follow the CBSE guidelines.

Normally they don't allow the student, if he/she fails in the 9th standard, but if the school authority would allow the candidate then they might sit in the 10th standard.

Good luck !!
7th April 2016, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

One I have failed in class 8 and I repeated it I was successfully passed and last year in 9 I have failed again I am not able to go school iam feeling if quiting ....please help me iam from ICSE board and none school is taking in class 10 ... I don't have guides to repeat and face ppl
12th April 2016, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

I failed in maths I got 22%in class 9th. And should I repeat the 9th or search for another school.
18th April 2016, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

I failed in maths I got 22%in class 9th. And should I repeat the 9th or search for another school and promote to class 10th pl help me
18th April 2016, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

If a child fails in 2 subjects in class 9th (maths and science) will he/she have any chance to be promote in class 10 ? Plzz tell :3
30th April 2016, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am failing in mathematics and i am getting E1@ but i have read some guidelines they said that E1@ can get promoted to D but my school's principal didn't.. so what i do (HE IS NOT TAKING MONEY AND APPROACH CAN I GET ADMISSION IN OTHER SCHOOLS)plss.. HELP ME what do i do now
..????
30th April 2016, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

SIR
I AM FAILING IN ONE SUBJECT (IN MATHS),,,,AND I HAVE READ IN OTHER SITES THAT E1@ CAN GET PROMOTED TO D BUT MY SCHOOL'S PRINCIPAL DIDN'T PROMOTED ME,,,NOW WHAT CAN I DO..PLSS GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS TO TAKE ADMISSION IN 10 CLASS
8th December 2016, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is in class 9 in West Bengal board. She has failed in physics and math. Will she be promoted to class 10.
14th February 2017, 07:00 AM
Unregistered

I have failed in 2 subjects maths and English literature in ICSE class 9. Can I be promoted to class 10. Please reply... Urgent
16th March 2017, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

I didn't not write still exam but I didn't even now a single sum in maths I hate maths if I failed in maths alone I Wii be promoted or not if give me a chance
16th March 2017, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam, What is the passing percentage for promotion from class 9 to 10 according to ICSE Board??
I got 34.5% but my school is telling the passing percentage is 40% but other schools are telling I've passed.
Would you please help me with this I'll be highly obliged if you help me with this problem.
Your faithfully,
Kushal Chakraborty
[email protected]
16th March 2017, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Dear, Would you please tell me what is the passing percentage from class 9 to 10.

I've got 34.5% in class 9 and if we round of the marks then it is 35% but my school is telling the passing percentage is 40% but other schools are telling I've passed because according to ICSE Board the passing percentage is 35%.

So would please tell me what to do with this problem. I'll be highly obliged if you help me with this because it is very necessary.*

Your's faithfully,

Kushal Chakraborty

Watsapp-9038484000
19th March 2017, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Can a student who has not passed his 9 class from icse can take admission in cbse 10 std.
1st May 2017, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

My brother failed in all subjects in 9th std, and he don't want to continue his studies further he wants to sit idle at home m very worried about his future what to do.
1st May 2017, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

If a student of class 9 CBSE board failed for 2 continuous years then he can continue in same school or he have take TC?
10th May 2017, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

If a student of class 9 CBSE board failed in maths only then he can get promoted to class 10th in State Board
15th May 2017, 02:05 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If a student of class 9 CBSE board failed in maths only then he can get promoted to class 10th in State Board
No. In order to get promoted in 10th standard you must have to clear all your backs of 9th standard through compartmental exams then you will be eligible to get promoted for 10th standard.
Thanks.
20th May 2017, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I promote to study in class 10 I failed in 9 class is any chance to get in 10 th class.
In Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh
10th June 2017, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Can a student who have not studied Sanskrit in class 9 can take Sanskrit in class 10
3rd March 2018, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for appearing CBSE 10th standard privately after coming out of the school with 9th class tc.
9th March 2018, 04:48 PM
Akumarharsh

If you are fail in 9th class then there is not relation between 9th & 10th class
And you can not be promoted to 10th class.
For 10th class first you have to pass 9th class & then after 10th...
Thanks
18th March 2018, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 9. I failed in one subject which is maths. Can cbse give me supplementary exam in class 9th if I failed in one subject.
29th March 2018, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

My son failed in maths in class 9 and get a chance for appearing supplementary exam. Will he be allow to continue in class x before clearing the supplementary exam?
2nd April 2018, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

My daughter is in 9th standard Maharashtra state board. She is diagnosed with learning disability. She cant clear all subjects in 9th std. Is it possible she can be promoted to 10th std.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?