2nd May 2011, 09:41 PM
kishanvikram.kumar223

Should I join Arts stream if I am interested in joining IAS in future?

sir, i have appeared in the cbse +2 exam from science stream and expecting that iwill get above 80% but i want a career in ias do i want to go in arts stream,so will i get it im graduation.

23rd July 2011, 11:13 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join Arts stream if I am interested in joining IAS in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishanvikram.kumar223 View Post
sir, i have appeared in the cbse +2 exam from science stream and expecting that iwill get above 80% but i want a career in ias do i want to go in arts stream,so will i get it im graduation.
Its Depends On You, If you are Interested In Arts Stream And Opt Arts Course in Your Graduation Then You can Opt Because Its Totally Your Choice.

And To become IAS officer You need to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination and for this examination any Graduate candidates are eligible.

So, after completing Graduate degree course in any discipline, The Candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination To become IAS Officer. So The Stream Does Not matter, So If you are Interested to Opt Arts Course in graduation then its up to you.

So, If your aim is to become IAS Officer in future then you have to complete your graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University and your age should between 21 to 30 years (For General Candidates) The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC and other Reserved category Candidates. Final Year Graduate candidates are also eligible for This examination.

The examination was conducted into 2 stages, Firstly Preliminary examination and if you will cracked this examination then you are eligible for Main examination, the notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Official website And If you need more details About this exams then please read the given notification.

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 96 views)
24th July 2011, 12:03 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I join Arts stream if I am interested in joining IAS in future?

YES, you have to join arts stream if you are intersted in ias service.

this will help you in the ias exam. because the main subject which are in the ias exam are covered in the arts stream syllabus.

the main eligiblity critera for ias exam---

Eligibility Criteria For Ias critera
(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011
(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

good luck...
24th July 2011, 12:37 AM
Sehwag6

The minimum qualifications for IAS is: *YOU finished your degree graduation from any recognised government or private universities. *your age limit should between 21 to 30years. Then you are eligible to apply for ias. Then you get tnpsc application form from government offices. You write exams for ias conducted by upsc. It conducts every year. It consists of *preliminary exams *written test *direct interview. After completing these process you get a ias coaching from many centres in india. After finished your coaching you will be a "IAS OFFICER" best of luck..*..
24th July 2011, 12:37 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes,you can choose any stream if you are interested in joining IAS in future.

if you take Arts stream for graduation purpose, then definitely you will get more benefits.

the following criteria which is required

1.minimum graduation qualification from recognized college/university.

2.minimum 50% marks in graduation.

3.age limit 21-29.

all the best........
24th July 2011, 07:08 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Should I join Arts stream if I am interested in joining IAS in future?

Dear friend,

It is very good that you have set your target at the right time to became an IAS officer.

Once you have decided for IAS then I would like to suggest to for Arts stream only, because most of the questions are being asked from the Arts subject. So Arts stream will help you to crack the entrance exam of IAS.

More over you will get time to prepare for IAS in Arts stream, if you go for any other stream hardly you will get time.

To become IAS officer You have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination and for this examination the eligibility is any Graduate from recognised university.

To apply for IAS your age should between 21 to 30 years (For General Candidates) The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST ( 5 years) and for OBC ( 3 Years).

Final Year Graduate candidates are also eligible for This examination.

All the best...................
24th July 2011, 07:54 AM
Sehwag6

The minimum eligibility for ias is: *you finished the degree graduation like bsc,bcom,bba,bca,ba and so on with good marks and in recognised university. *Age limit should between 21 to 30years. *Then you write upsc exam for ias. It is conducted by upsc in every year. It consists of *preliminary exams *written test *direct interview . After finishing these steps you are eligible for ias coaching. For that many coaching centres in india. After completing your training sucessfully means you will become a "IAS OFFICER". Ya you definitely go to arts while you have ias in future. All the best.
24th July 2011, 08:17 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after complete your 12th science
now you go for arts stream

why not mention to go arts stream?

if you secure a good mark in this,

if you go in future for IAS exam

you have a wrong concept if you go for IAS arts is necessary then it is wrong

because now a days exam is changed

what is your strong area in this area you give this exam

example your strong area is PHYSICS then you give the exam on physics.

So go graduation in science then prepare your self for IAS exam...............
24th July 2011, 12:03 PM
ajeetajeet1250

Should I join Arts stream if I am interested in joining IAS in future?

Quote: Originally Posted by kishanvikram.kumar223

Its Depends On You, If you are Interested In Arts Stream And Opt Arts Course in Your Graduation Then You can Opt Because Its Totally Your Choice.

And To become IAS officer You need to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination and for this examination any Graduate candidates are eligible.

So, after completing Graduate degree course in any discipline, The Candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination To become IAS Officer. So The Stream Does Not matter, So If you are Interested to Opt Arts Course in graduation then its up to you.

So, If your aim is to become IAS Officer in future then you have to complete your graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University and your age should between 21 to 30 years (For General Candidates) The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC and other Reserved category Candidates. Final Year Graduate candidates are also eligible for This examination.

The examination was conducted into 2 stages, Firstly Preliminary examination and if you will cracked this examination then you are eligible for Main examination, the notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Official website And If you need more details About this exams then please read the given notification

thanks
24th July 2011, 12:32 PM
Tribhuwankumar1990

Quote:
you can opt arts stream but you can clear the exam through science stream also but i will not suggest anything as it is totally your choice whether you want to choose science or arts stream

the eligibility requirement for the exam is a graduation degree from any disciple.
24th July 2011, 12:47 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

you can join Arts stream if you are intrested in Arts.For IAS exam you have required graduation.if you are Graduate then you can apply for IAS entrance exam.

Choice of any stream depends upon you.you have to choose your intrested stream.in your intrested stream you can get better success.

UPSC conducts Civil service exam for admission in IAS,IES and other.to apply for these exam your age should be between 21-30 year.

UPSC exam contains two paper-
Preliminiary exam
Main exam

First Preliminiar exam conducted if you clear this exam then you will be eligible for main exam.you can't give main exam directly.

Admission in IAS is depends upon marks obtained by you in entrance exam and on the basis of interview.interview is very important for IAS.with good performance in interview you can get into IAS.
24th July 2011, 07:23 PM
Ashishkrgautam

Smile Re: Should I join Arts stream if I am interested in joining IAS in future?

No it is not necessary to take Arts. You can also take Science and Maths. After 12th, take admission in engineering in any branch- civil,mechanical or electrical. After B.Tech you can give ias exams.
24th July 2011, 08:24 PM
Sachin Narayan

Yes if you want to do IAS you will go for arts subject because in future it helps you a lot preparaing for the IAS.

For IAS you have to be graduate and your age is from 21 to 30 years ,after that you can apply for IAS through the oficial site of upsc.Check regularly the official site of upsc for the IAS recuritment

IAS Preparation requires the right approach along with the right study materials and strategy.IAS preparation requires focused study rather than plain hard work. Cover a few topics at any point in time instead of studying 3 or 4 topics simultaneously.

Always keep the syllabus and past five years questions papers for effective ias preparation. This way you keep on track and cover all parts of the syllabus instead of just focusing on one or two topics. Also you can track your progress simultaneously.
25th July 2011, 12:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

You can take any course for your 12th as well as graduation.

So you can take science or arts or even commerce.

Examination information:-

The*Indian Administrative Service (IAS)*it's conducted by union public service commission(UPSC)

[B]Eligibility:-[B]
A candidate should be graduate in any discipline from a recognized university
final year students are also eligible,
Age must in in between 21-30 years*
Upper age relaxation for OBC-3yrs, and sc/ST-5yrs,

Maximum number of attempts*:-
For General - Maximum of 4*
For OBC - Maximum of 7*
For SC/ST - No limit

official website--*http://www.upsc.gov.in

yes , arts student are have good priority to crack the IAS exam.

All the best
26th July 2011, 08:29 PM
anil_kumar89

Choice of any stream depends upon you.you have to choose your intrested stream.in
your intrested stream you can get better success.you can join Arts stream if you are
intrested in Arts.For IAS exam you have required graduation.if you are Graduate then
you can apply for IAS entrance exam.

UPSC conducts Civil service exam for admission in IAS,IES and other.to apply for these
exam your age should be between 21-30 year.

UPSC exam contains two paper-
Preliminiary exam
Main exam

First Preliminiar exam conducted if you clear this exam then you will be eligible for main
exam.you can't give main exam directly.
26th August 2011, 07:35 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

It is very good that you have set your target at the right time to became an IAS officer.

Once you have decided for IAS then I would like to suggest to for Arts stream only, because most of the questions are being asked from the Arts subject. So Arts stream will help you to crack the entrance exam of IAS.

More over you will get time to prepare for IAS in Arts stream, if you go for any other stream hardly you will get time.

To become IAS officer You have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination and for this examination the eligibility is any Graduate from recognised university.

To apply for IAS your age should between 21 to 30 years (For General Candidates) The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST ( 5 years) and for OBC ( 3 Years).

Final Year Graduate candidates are also eligible for This examination.
31st March 2012, 11:35 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

If you should be arts/science any thing you can join the IAS If you can completed graduation with any stream you can intrested to joining the IAS in future.thank you very much.
All the best.
27th June 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

sir,i had dropped my 1yr. For engg. Test bt i culd not succed.so i want to prepare for civil service exam should i go by b.tech or b.sc or b.a.
Plese reply urgently
27th June 2012, 07:46 PM
artigoyal52

Hi dear,
If you are interested in Arts stream then you can join it and also can apply for IAS in future.
IAS only required that candidate must hold graduation degree in any stream so after complete your graduation in arts you can go for IAS.
GO AHEAD BEST OF LUCK
27th June 2012, 09:20 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Any bachelor degree holder is eligible to give the IAS entrance exam. So it does not really matters which subject you choose because that is not the main criteria here.

IAS eligibility criteria:

It does not really matters which stream you belong to as they just look for graduates in any discipline from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 21-30 years.

At the most you can attempt for four times.

Selection procedure includes preliminary exams, main examination followed by interview.

For more information you can log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iaspattern (1).jpg
Views:	210
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	97898  
28th June 2012, 11:11 AM
janvi roy

Dear friend,

to apply for IAS or indian administrative services you need to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognised university. There is no percentage of marks needed for applying. All the graduates can apply. The exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Your age must be between 21-30 years(for general candidates) to apply. For OBC and SC/ST candidates there is a relaxation of 3 and 5 years respectively.

So choose those subjects only in which you find interest.

All the best. Regards.
13th August 2012, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Can commerce graduates also appear in the IAS exam? I am completing my Bcom as a private student...am i eligible for IAS even after completing the graduation as a private student?
2nd July 2015, 04:24 PM
momtazz

Obviously if you have the passion for IAS(Indian Administrative Services)you can complete your graduation in Arts stream.

IAS is the part of Civil Services and conducted by UPSC every year.To avail this opportunity a candidate to complete graduate degree from the recognized University.Candidates to complete CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test)first then to clear IAS mains exam and Interview before receiving appointment letter.
11th September 2015, 06:10 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become IAS it does not depend that from which stream you have done your graduations. If you want to continue with science stream you can. And if you want to opt Arts for your graduation you can also do that because you will get more time to prepare yourself for IAS in arts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?