6th April 2014, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Whether M.Des is equivalent to M.Tech?

I want to know whether MDes Electronic Circuit is equivalent to Mtech? I have a simple doubt for which i seek confirmation that Whether MDes is equivalent to Mtech?

13th January 2015, 01:55 AM
smithapriya

Default Re: Whether M.Des is equivalent to M.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know whether MDes Electronic Circuit is equivalent to Mtech? I have a simple doubt for which i seek confirmation that Whether MDes is equivalent to Mtech?
This is common confusion for many students. Both M.Des and M.Tech courses are equivalent to each other. Both are two years post graduate academic courses.

M.Des. aims to provide broad-based understanding of design along with student-driven specialization in varied domains like architectural and spatial design, visual communication, industrial design, interaction design and photography whereas M.Tech is to train the students in high level theoretical knowledge which enables them to tackle practical complex problems of design and development in the industrial field as well as pursue further academic achievement through research.

But if you want to get into M.Des course you have to write Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) exam whereas if we want to study M.Tech you have to crack Graduate Aptitude test for Engineers (GATE) exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?