10th April 2014, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Duration of PhD and fees at IIT-B?

I will like to know how much will i spend for PhD programme in IITB and duration. I have obtained Msc. physics from Nigerian University and my thesis is an area under renewable energy . I want work on biofuels or micro biofuel cell (MBC), please i would like to know more about the programme.
thank you.

2nd December 2016, 10:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Duration of PhD and fees at IIT-B?

The duration of Ph.D programme is usually 2 years to 5 years in most cases. It depends on you to complete the research work in the given period of time to earn the doctorate qualification. Selection will be based on the performance in the entrance exam and interview.

The tuition fee for IIT Bombay is about Rs. 5000 per semester. This is just semester fee and there are other fee too like admission fee, library fee, etc. IITs have fee which is comparable to some private colleges. Only central government universities have lesser fee structure.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?