10th April 2014, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

What should I do if my life goal is IAS?

What should i do for ias exams after completing my 12 class with commerce.
Where should i get the ias enterence exam forms ? What book should prefer to me for prepairing for ias enternce exam ? If there is any institute ,which prepared me for ias?

12th April 2014, 09:56 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do if my life goal is IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What should i do for ias exams after completing my 12 class with commerce.
Where should i get the ias enterence exam forms ? What book should prefer to me for prepairing for ias enternce exam ? If there is any institute ,which prepared me for ias?
Hey friend,

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

It is really good to see your interest in joining in as a IAS officer as it need lot of courage and knowledge.And for joining in as a IAS officer you need to write the entrance exam for it and it is the IAS Exam.

The IAS exam is being conducted by UPSC and is held every year for joining in the post.

To write this exam this exam,there are certain framed criteria's which are there for the exam and they may include such as:

# The Nationality standard needed for the exam is that the candidate must have a Citizenship in India.

# The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 years of age which is for General category candidate.

# There are certain relaxation which is allowed for other category candidates and they are that the candidate who belong to SC/ST category should have 21-35 years of age and if you are a OBC category candidate is 21-33 years of age.

# The candidate who is a Ex-service men will get 5 years exception from the prescribed limits.

# Education qualification needed for the IAS exam is that the candidate must have completed a Degree from a recognized university and that can be from any stream of education.

The candidate who wish to apply for the exam must have satisfied all these above mentioned criteria for the exam.

SELECTION PROCEDURE:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Interview

But,when seeing your criteria which you have mentioned it states that you are not eligible for the exam at this stage as you are not satisfying either the Education qualification or the Age limit which is needed for the exam.So,it is better that you continue your studies in the preferred stream and complete it to apply for the exam.

If you have any doubts regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?