4th May 2011, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Which one is better for M.Tech CSE, IIT Madras or IIT Bombay in terms of Placements, Campus and Professors?

IIT madras IIT Bombay which one is better for MTech CSE...???
in terms of placements,campus,professors

10th May 2011, 01:33 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which one is better for M.Tech CSE, IIT Madras or IIT Bombay in terms of Placements, Campus and Professors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IIT : Indian Institute of Technology Known for its Excellence

Total we have 15 IIT's

Each IIT of these have different specialities with equal respect and funding by the Govt of India

Some IITs will have good Hostel and Campus facilities

Some IIT's will have good teaching Facilities

Some IIT's will have good research Facilities

Like these there are many specialities for these IIT's

But All Maintain Equal standards in producing good quality engineers

These IIT Trained Engineers are In High Demand this can be understood by their pay packages

these institutes are regarded as the best among the world

These Institutes Will give Certificates for UG Programs and also M.tech Degrees

IIT Madras is said to be best for Com Science

IIT Bombay is said to be best for Electronics

IIT Kharagpur is neutral with all..

In Terms of Placements you should not think up on the best one because all the IIT's Equally give placement offers

You should be back of Quality teaching to select the Institute take the advice of the senior Students of IIT's and take a decision

Regards

~AdityA~

Last edited by aditya436; 10th May 2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: As per latest updates
10th May 2011, 03:46 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which one is better for M.Tech CSE, IIT Madras or IIT Bombay in terms of Placements, Campus and Professors?

@aditya436 : IIT Delhi and IIT Bombay are known for Best Electrical and Computer Engineers and IIT Kgp for Mechanical.

And regarding Mtech, IIT Bombay is more preferable in terms of Oppurtunities , but it will also depend on individual performance also.
18th May 2011, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which one is better for M.Tech CSE, IIT Madras or IIT Bombay in terms of Placements, Campus and Professors?

what is payment scale of iitb for etrx Mtech?
21st May 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

i hv gt a gate score of 777 in CSE..wil i get admission in any of iit's???
26th May 2011, 08:02 AM
Unregistered

my jee-2011 rank is 916. I hav the following options in mind. civil in mumbai, electrical in kharagpur,mechanical in kgp n also what about the aeronotical engineering in iit's i mean the placements n all???
15th June 2011, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

dude check for cse in iit madras
19th June 2011, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

hw much gate rank is needed to get a seat in bombay iit for m.tech,cse branch
9th July 2011, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

I am selected for M tech(computer Science) IIT delhi. after some days i got admission call for ME in IISc bangalore. now i am confused where should i go IIT delhi or IISc bangalore?
17th October 2011, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Between IIT D and IISc go for IISc...
29th October 2011, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

My rank in GATE-11 CSE is 223 n I am going to apply for M.Tech in 2012..
Can anyone suggest me which iit is better for CSE n for my rank...
8th December 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

How much can I get after getting M.tech( cse) from IIT Bombay ? Please give the package details for M.tech (cse) passed from IIT bombay.
18th December 2011, 11:20 PM
ankur shukla

Thumbs up Re: Which one is better for M.Tech CSE, IIT Madras or IIT Bombay in terms of Placements, Campus and Professors?

Quote:
hw much gate rank is needed to get a seat in bombay iit for m.tech,cse branch
ur rank should be within 1 to 150 definitely u got iitb.
18th January 2012, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

my Rank in Gate 2011 is 318 AIR with 786 Gate score..
which IIT's i can get with this score and which one is best among them..
and i got Placed in Infosys with 3.25 lc par annual..then should i go for M.tech..
2nd February 2012, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Which one is better for M.Tech MECHANICAL, IIT Madras or IIT Bombay in terms of Placements, Campus and Professors?
2nd February 2012, 07:18 PM
selva786

Thumbs up Re: Which one is better for M.Tech CSE, IIT Madras or IIT Bombay in terms of Placements, Campus and Professors?

Quote:

Hello sir,

The both of them are top listed institute in engineering for India .you can join any one of them depend of your convenient and location of your negative for traveling purpose for holidays.
19th March 2012, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Whether IIT Madras or IIT Bombay -- choosing is a bit hard. Both are top notch schools. One option you have is to write to people there in areas of your interest. And see if it can bias you. In terms of non-academic things like food, stay etc both these IITs now a days cater to most of the taste buds of India. Both are on coast (so you have beach access), and probably Chennai is more culturally active. And Bombay is a bit more "hep". But otherwise not much of a difference. Since you are going for graduate studies, check which department faculty is currently active (publish regularly in good places) in areas that interest you. That can be the metric you can use to take a decision. And if in doubt talk to the faculty directly at both the places.

Don't worry about things like jobs and salaries. Both attract quite similar companies with similar packages.

On a lighter note: If you like deers goto IIT Madras. If you like leopards goto IIT Bombay.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?