8th May 2011, 04:13 AM
susheeel90

Government and private exams for B.Tech(CS) student like DRDO, GATE etc?

please...give me the list of exams for (CS) B.Tech.....
just exam name like GATE,IES,DRDO etc..
private & Government both.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the exams that I can give for B.Tech 4th year student both government and private
  2. What is the GATE syllabus and useful exams for government exams? Which government exams are conducted on the basis of GATE syllabus?
  3. Can I.T. students apply for DRDO exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to prepare for GATE,SET and DRDO Exams being a candidate of final year BE?
  5. Can I get job in DRDO through GATE being a B.Tech(CSE) 6th semester student?
  6. List of Government and Private Colleges which offer admission to a candidate who has secured around 30 to 40 marks in GATE?
  7. What are the different exams we need to write after completion of B.Tech in ECE to get a job in private or government based companies?
  8. Government job after B.Tech in electrical with 73% and with very poor marks in HS? -- [New]
  9. Can I get job in DRDO through GATE scorecard being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  10. What are the jobs for civil engineering other than field? What are the exams need to be written to get private sector as well as government jobs?
  11. Book for ECE aptitude test of BEL, DRDO and GATE exam?
  12. How can I enter in DRDO being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student and preparing for GATE?
  13. Names of private and government companies which appoint CSE candidates on the basis of GATE score card?
  14. What will be the salary offered for me after completion of B.Sc in CS?
  15. Can I apply for any exam of DRDO? I am a student of 7th semester in mechanical
  16. How to prepare for GATE, IES, ISRO and DRDO entrance exam? What kind of study material is required?
  17. Benefits of doing Private jobs over Government jobs?
  18. Which government and private college can I apply after scoring 302 in GATE?
8th May 2011, 07:39 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Government and private exams for B.Tech(CS) student like DRDO, GATE etc?

First of all you need to decide whether you plan to go in for a job or go in for further studies. If you plan to study then you need to decide whether the course should be more technical oriented or Management oriented. In the technical side you go in GATE if you plan for M.Tech. If you are going for MBA then do appear for exams like CAT,XAT, MAT etc. If you would like to go in for a job then options like IES, IAS, Engineering Service exam etc are there. Other than this there are options like going in for Bank Entrance exams.
8th May 2011, 10:30 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Government and private exams for B.Tech(CS) student like DRDO, GATE etc?

for computer science branch similar to other electrical branches in all government jobs like

1. BSNL(bharat sanchar nigam limited)
    click here http://www.bsnl.co.in/ to get more information and

notification mostly come in the month of feb and exam will be held in april/may.

2. ISRO(Indian space research organisation)

There is no form for applying ISRO you need to go to isro website and fill your form but before that you need

to make a D.D of 100/- and then you need to apply to website..then you need to note down your application form no and take

print of the

generated form and sent to the ISRO address.
  3. DRDO(Defense research and development organisation)
  4. ECIL(Electronic cooperation of india limited)
  5. AAI(Airport authority of India)
  6. SAIL(Steel authority of india)
  7. RRB(Railway recruitment board)
  8. UPSC(Union Public Service Commission )
    click here www.upsc.gov.in to get more information and exams will be conducted

on 12th June. and last date of applying for the same is 21at March...
  9. CDS(Combined defense service)
8th May 2011, 11:01 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Government and private exams for B.Tech(CS) student like DRDO, GATE etc?

Dear friend,

There are many Government and private departments where CS branch students can apply.

CS branch student can apply for all the posts, where Electronics,ECE, Electrical and related to these branches students can apply or in other words you can say that CS branch is similar to Electronic/ Electrical stream branches.

You can apply in the following departments:

DRDO
P&T
BARC
ISRO
CDSE,
SAIL
Railways
Airport authorities
BHEL etc

All the best.............
8th May 2011, 12:02 PM

the following are the list of the exams an b.tech cse student can appearBSNL(bharat sanchar nigam limited)

notification mostly come in the month of feb and exam will be held in april/may.

ISRO(Indian space research organisation)

There is no form for applying ISRO you need to go to isro website and fill your form but before that you need

to make a D.D of 100/- and then you need to apply to website..then you need to note down your application form no and take

print of the generated form and sent to the ISRO address.

DRDO(Defense research and development organisation)

ECIL(Electronic cooperation of india limited)

AAI(Airport authority of India)

SAIL(Steel authority of india)

RRB(Railway recruitment board)

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission )

CDS(Combined defense service)

regards
&$ANTOSH$
8th May 2011, 12:43 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

there are so many government and private examination after B.Tech Computer science engineering.

some organization recruit CSE candidate are
BSNL JTO
ISRO
BEL
SAIL
DRDO
and many more.

other organization like Indian railway, Indian army, Indian air force etc also recruit B.Tech CSE candidate. CSE candidates are not eligible for IES(Indian Engineering Services) examination. but you may try for civil service examination. but in these examination the competition is very much high. these are government organization as a result so many candidates are appearing in this type of examination. but the seat is limited. so it,s difficult to clear the examination. till you may time. keep visiting the website http://www.freshersworld.com in this website generally all notification of this type of examination come. so as soon as notification will be published you will get from this website.

best of luck.
20th May 2011, 09:59 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by susheeel90 View Post
please...give me the list of exams for (CS) B.Tech.....
just exam name like GATE,IES,DRDO etc..
private & Government both.

If you completed B.Tech course with computer science branch then you can appear in the many government and private exam. Here is the list of some important exam.

-> BSNL
->BHEL.
->ISRO.
->NTPC.
->HPCL.
->SAIL.
->DRDO.
->Railway Sector.
->AAI.
->UPSC examination......etc.

The Computer Science branch are not eligible for IES exam but you
are eligible for the IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC.
You can see the more details about UPSC exam on the official website
of UPSC:- http://www.upsc.gov.in.

Regards
~Mukul~
11th August 2011, 06:07 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

hi,,,
friends.
If you completed B.Tech course with computer science branch then you can appear in the many government and private exam. Here is the list of some important exam.

-> BSNL
->BHEL.
->ISRO.
->NTPC.
->HPCL.
->SAIL.
->DRDO.
->Railway Sector.
->AAI.
->UPSC examination......etc.

The Computer Science branch are not eligible for IES exam but you
are eligible for the IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC.
You can see the more details about UPSC exam on the official website
of UPSC:- http://www.upsc.gov.in.

Regards

vipin
15th November 2011, 11:36 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend

for computer science branch similar to other electrical branches in all government jobs like

BSNL(bharat sanchar nigam limited)

ISRO(Indian space research organisation)

print of the

generated form and sent to the ISRO address.
DRDO(Defense research and development organisation)
ECIL(Electronic cooperation of india limited)
AAI(Airport authority of India)
SAIL(Steel authority of india)
RRB(Railway recruitment board)
UPSC(Union Public Service Commission )

CDS(Combined defense service)
2nd January 2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

i ma student of cs deparment 2nd year....i want to knw about different types of exms in wch i can appear after compeleting my b.tech????
2nd January 2012, 05:46 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Hi Friend,

here i am giving the list of some govt and private exams to which a B.Tech CSE candidate can apply.

govt sector jobs:
UPSC
APPSC or any state public service examinations.
ISRO
DRDO
SSC
SAIL
GAIL
ECIL etc

Private Sector:
you can apply for any IT company like
Microsft
Oracle
IBM
Infosys
TCS
CTS
CSC
Wipro
Accenture
Capegemini
Ctrl S etc

you also can write exams like
GATE
CAT
GRE
XAT
PGSET etc
2nd January 2012, 05:54 PM
Revathi.Rapolu

hai susheel,
We CSE students have many ways to go through, if your good in education and teaching you can go for teaching in both government and private sectors there are many universities offering for teaching purpose..
and if you prefer for any other i.e., if your choice is for software their are many placements this year as s/w boom is good for that you can search in www.jwjobs.net so that u can get information regarding present s/w jobs..
if you want to go for gov. jobs at present group1 notification as been released so you can go with that as we have 263gov. posts in different fields.. i have attached an information to you regarding group1.. go through that and try to get an idea..
All the best..!!! :-)
Attached Files
File Type: docx group1 notice.docx(16.5 KB, 117 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?