15th July 2014, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?

i have got 67% till my BCA 2nd year (ignou). now in 3rd year. i wana apply in IIT JAM MCA. i got 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th . i wana know i am eligible to give IIT JAM MCA?? do IIT JAM MCA have any eligiblity criteria for 10th and 12th also?? or only in Graduation. and do they take any interview also for IIT JAM MCA?? and if all is ok. thn plz do refer me syallabus and books to prepare from in advnce.
thnku

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for IIT-JAM(Geology/Geophysics) if having Physics in 3rd & 4th semesters of B.Sc(Geology)? Books for preparation of this exam? Which one has better scope between Geology and Geophysics?
  2. How to prepare for IIT JAM? I am in BSc 3rd year
  3. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category?
  4. What to do for preparation for IIT JAM exam? I am a student of BSc Chemistry
  5. Reference books as per syllabus including solved question papers of previous year for IIT-JAM(Physics)?
  6. In which government colleges can I get after scoring 23 marks in GATE and 271 score?
  7. How should the preparation be carried for IIT JAM exam? Reference books for IIT JAM Physics Hons?What is the syllabus for IIT JAM?
  8. Will I be able to crack IIT-JAM through self preparation? Coaching classes for the preparation of IIT-JAM?
  9. Best Books to prepare for IIT-JAM Exam? Previous year Question Papers for this Exam?
  10. How can I crack IIT JAM entrance exam for MSc? I am a BSc 3rd year student
  11. Am I eligible to apply for IIT-JAM for M.Sc if secured 56% aggregate in B.Sc?
  12. How to prepare for IIT-JAM Exam? Previous year Question Papers to prepare for this Exam to join MCA course?
  13. Preparation books for IIT JEE? Is RD Sharma sufficient to crack IIT? Best books for PCM? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I apply in IIT-JAM for M.Sc programme if secured 56% aggregate and achieved 1st rank in graduation?
  15. Guidance and suitable books for the preparation of IIT-JAM?
  16. Which books should I follow for IIT JAM exam for MCA? Can I get admission in any IITs in India if I am able qualify for IIT JAM? From where to get the forms? Is private tuition necessary?
  17. Books to be referred for IIT?
  18. Best coaching center in West Bengal for IIT JAM in Chemistry? Books for preparation?
10th August 2014, 01:22 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?

Eligibility for IIT JAM MCA entrance exam is that the candidate must graduate with 50% marks and incase of reserved categories like SC/ST, it is 45% marks. Candidates should have studied maths till class 12 or graduation degree. Reference books for the entrance test are:
• A text –Book of Vector Calculus by Shanti Narayan
• Computer Networks by Tennenbum T
• Computer Today by Suresh Basandra
• Differential Calculus by Gorakh Prasad
• Differential Equations by G.F.Simmons
• Digital Circuits and Design by Salivahan
• Digital Electronics by Dr. Saroj Rangnekar
• Digital Integrated Electronics by H.Taub & D.Shilling
• Digital Logic Design by Morries Mano
• Digital Principles & application by Malvino
• Digital Technology by Virendra Kumar

Syllabus for IIT JAM MCA
Mathematics
Matrices
• Eigenvalues
• Eigenvectors
• Inverse of a matrix
• Rank of a matrix
• System of linear equations
Differential Calculus
• Differentiation
• Maxima and minima of functions
• Partial differentiation
• Taylor series
Algebra
• Set theory
• Groups
• Fields
• Vector spaces
Integral Calculus
• Single Integration
• Multiple Integration
• Definite integrals
• Applications to evaluation of area, surface and volume
Differential Equations
• First order differential equations
• Linear differential equations of higher order
Numerical Analysis
• Solution of non-linear equations using iterative methods
• Interpolation
• Numerical differentiation and integration
• Probability
• Probability theory
• Binomial distribution
• Poisson distribution
• Linear Programming
Vector Algebra
• Addition
• Subtraction
• Dot product
• Cross product
• Triple product
Number Systems
• Algorithmic approach to solve problems
• Basic electronic gates
• Boolean algebra
• Flip-Flops
• Fundamentals of C language
2nd January 2015, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?

Ihave complete my b sc from ignou.can i fill iit jam entrance form
8th February 2016, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

I have got 69.19% in 10th and 48.67% in 12th..
now I'm sybcs (comp sci) student scored 73% so does 10th and 12th marks are counted for JAM even I have scored good in my bachelor degree??
23rd April 2016, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

I am still BCA 1ST Year student I want to prepare for IIT JAM for MCA in future pls give me details and tips to achieve my goal my email address is''[email protected]''
20th June 2016, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

I want study material to prepare for IIT jam MCA entrance to take admission in IIT roorkee and reference books or tips .
8th November 2016, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

i am still BCA 1st year stdent I want to prepare for IIT JAM for MCA in future plz give me details and tips and reference books and process to achieve my goal my email address is [email protected]
6th April 2017, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Please, tell that whether any coaching centers is there for IIT JAM MCA. I want to prepare now I am studying bsc comp.science 2nd year, please send to this mail [email protected]
14th June 2017, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have maths in final year or in final semester for apply IIT JAM MCA.
10th September 2017, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

I got 84% in 10th standard and 61.33% in second puc. Am I eligible to take jam for mca? What are the overall syllabus and reference books? Please suggest me
21st September 2017, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Can an IGNOU student get admission in any IIT after cracking IIT JAM? Please tell me.
29th November 2017, 06:47 PM
ravimahawar1234
Member+

IIT JAM is a national level entrance exam (All Indians and foreigners are applicable to appear in the exam).
There is no age restriction.
Candidates must be passed with minimum 55% aggregate (General and OBC) marks and 50% aggregate (SC/ST/PwD) without rounding off.
Candidates who are pursuing the qualifying exam have to submit the proof of passing the examination to the admitted institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?