12th May 2011, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

Is the placement cancelled if there is a backlog in the 7th semester?

I've got placed in l&t infotech. i already had 2 backlogs in my 2nd year which i cleared before appearing for interview and thus got placed.
the problem is that i got a backlog in 7th semester too. i will clear it before the joining date. but i violate the criteria of only 2 backlogs and passing final year in 1 attempt. will i face any problems during joining...

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for syntel campus placement with 65% in B.Tech and with backlog in 7th semester?
  2. Will there be relaxation in TCS placement aggregate cutoff for the upcoming campus placements?
  3. Is there any problem to get Student Visa for studying Abroad while having a backlog in B.Tech?
  4. How will a backlog in 7th semester affect my placement?
  5. Eligibility to attend Accenture On-Campus Interview with a backlog for B.Tech 7th semester candidate?
  6. Is there any difficulty to join if selected in TCS but having backlog in B.Tech 7th semester?
  7. Is there any chance of companies finding out the backlogs if I try to hide it during campus placement?
  8. What does gap-backlog in graduation mean?
  9. Am I eligible for on campus placement if I have a pending subject backlog?
  10. For which companies am I eligible after doing B.Tech ECE 7th semester
  11. Will I be eligible for Syntel Campus Recruitment being a candidate of pursuing 7th semester of B.Tech having secured 80% and with 1 backlog? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Will I get placement in any company after having a backlog in the 6th semester?
  13. Can I get admission in M.Tech in IPU if I have backlogs in 7th Semester? -- [New]
  14. Am I eligible to apply for Capgemini if having backlog in B.E.(IT) 6th semester?
  15. Having backlog in semester will affect job placement? Will it affect salary also?
  16. Am I eligible for infosys campus placement with 74% marks in 10th, 66% in 12th and 64% in B.Tech?
  17. Can I get termination if got backlog in last semester of B.Tech but worked for 2 months in TCS?
  18. Can we apply for TCS in 7th semester if we have a backlog in 5th semester
25th May 2011, 09:21 PM
yashraj.joshi

Default Re: Is the placement cancelled if there is a backlog in the 7th semester?

guys i too have the same doubt plz help...
26th May 2011, 12:09 PM
yashraj.joshi

Default Re: Is the placement cancelled if there is a backlog in the 7th semester?

guys...i have the exact same querry it seems mumbai university is fond of giving students in final year...please someone help...
31st May 2011, 12:32 PM
placementhelp

same here...even im placed in L&T infotech
but i got 2 backlogs during 7th semester...... n they said final yr shud b clear in 1st attempt ...wud my placement be cancelled????
31st May 2011, 12:37 PM
placementhelp

Question Re: Is the placement cancelled if there is a backlog in the 7th semester?

but i got 2 backlogs during 7th semester...... n they said final yr shud b clear in 1st attempt ...wud my placement be cancelled????
1st June 2011, 12:38 AM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

I dont think it will affect your future if you have cleared before joining date.
5th June 2011, 08:16 PM
yashraj.joshi

so do you mean that they relax the criteria
9th June 2011, 09:44 PM
yashraj.joshi

Exclamation Re: Is the placement cancelled if there is a backlog in the 7th semester?

Quote:
Originally Posted by placementhelp View Post
buddy what is your plan then...i mean just let me know what are your further plans
27th June 2011, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashraj.joshi View Post
buddy what is your plan then...i mean just let me know what are your further plans
my problem is that im a student of rtu n these guys take tym 2 gt d results out... so basically i dont think i'd b able 2 clear these b4 the joining date comes...
n i really dnt want to loose this job!!.. wt will happen.. plz guide...
4th September 2011, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

same this syd... even im frm rtu... the university keen on spoiling a students career.... im nt able to figure out ne future plans yet.. jst sittin idle... is there ne way that i can contact u.... it wd hlp 2 talk
4th September 2011, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my problem is that im a student of rtu n these guys take tym 2 gt d results out... so basically i dont think i'd b able 2 clear these b4 the joining date comes...
n i really dnt want to loose this job!!.. wt will happen.. plz guide...
same here... evn im frm rtu.. d university keen on spoiling a students career... no future plans ..jst sittin idle at home... evn i dnt wanna loose d job... cn i contact u.. myb thru fb... i'd really help talkn 2 sum1 whoz in d same cndn as me...
16th September 2011, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

guys...did any of u get a call letter or sumthing like that...
19th January 2012, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

im in my final year engineering and i have got a back in 7th sem ..so vil i be eligible to sit for placements?
30th September 2012, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

i am in B.SC first year can i join the row ?
15th December 2012, 03:31 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've got placed in l&t infotech. i already had 2 backlogs in my 2nd year which i cleared before appearing for interview and thus got placed.
the problem is that i got a backlog in 7th semester too. i will clear it before the joining date. but i violate the criteria of only 2 backlogs and passing final year in 1 attempt. will i face any problems during joining...
Hello,
This is a very interesting question that you have asked. It is a little bit of violation of rules but will not matter if you clear it, as you said before your joining date. If you are confident enough then study for that subject now and clear it nicely. Then when you are given the joining date, show the mark sheet to your company. They will see a completed mark sheet. Normally for a company this is the only thing that matters. They will also check the percentage that you have obtained in your academics. If it does not tally with what you said, then problem might arise. Otherwise if you have the mark sheet with the required percentage then they will directly welcome you to their company, so do not worry.
12th June 2014, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

what company people do with the documents.......will they verify it by sending it to universities?????????
13th August 2014, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

if I get a backlog in 6th sem will I still manage to appear for the placement campus ????
pls help me by giving the right info....
21st November 2014, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

I got placed in L&T infotech and got a backlog in 8th sem. called L&T ..they said sorry.. you can't join because you violate the backlog criteria
8th March 2018, 02:01 PM
MANJU2311

I got placed in L&T but as per their company criteria we should consider each and every reattempts as a backlog and it should not be more than 4.
In my case i was having 4 backlog subject but i have taken two attempts to clear one subject so it may count as 5 backlogs.
will they reject me if i didn't meet this criteria?will they provide any relaxation in this backlog criteria? please help me out.... thanks in advance
13th March 2018, 07:08 PM
@sha2nk
Banned

Hello,

Many students would have same question and situation with them.As at the time of appearing for the recruitment drive you were fulfilling their eligibility criteria ,so there should not be any problem as long as you show them no running arrears at the time of joining.So do not worry and clear your backlogs befor the joining date.

Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?