28th September 2014, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to become IRS Officer?

I have complted my mcom and i working in indireact taxation i need to know procedure to become irs officer

2nd October 2014, 10:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become IRS Officer?

IRS stands for Indian Revenue Services. The IRS exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. To become a IRS officer, you need to appear for the IRS exam. To be eligible to appear for the IRS exam, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria as mentioned below :-

1.Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2.Educational Qualification :-
You must have completed the bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university.

3.Age Limit :-
The minimum age required to appear for the IRS exam is 21 years and the maximum age is of 30 years. Age relaxation of 3 years to OBC candidates and 5 years to SC/ST candidates is applicable as per the government rules.

4.Physical Requirements :-
You must be physically fit according to the physical requirements mentioned in the notification issued by the UPSC for the civil services examination.

Selection Procedure :-
The selection of candidates is based on their performance in the following stages :-
1.Preliminary Examination
2.Mains Examination
3.Personal Interview
The candidates who have qualified in the Preliminary examination are eligible to appear for the Main examination and the candidates who have qualified in the Main examination are eligible to appear for the Personal Interview and the candidates who have qualified in all the three rounds are selected for the Indian Revenue Services DePartment.
10th December 2014, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to become IRS Officer?

iam studying my btech 1st year ece .i want to become an ias officer so please give me suggestions .how to achieve my goal please give me suggestions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?