13th October 2014, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Information about exam, syllabus, pattern and age limit of CDS exam for graduate girls?

I am graduate in bachelor of science(maths, physics,computers). My cds exam is on 9 feb.2014. Which papers i have to give? What is the syallabus i should prepare? After appearing in that what others exams should i give? I want to go in officer line in army. Till now i am only graduate. Please tell me about age limit and syllabus?one of my friend told me that there is no maths exam for girls? How many papers i will have to give on 9th feb?

23rd October 2014, 07:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about exam, syllabus, pattern and age limit of CDS exam for graduate girls?

Being a Female candidate, you are eligible to join in Officer's Training Academy in Combined Defence Services. To join in Officer's Training Academy, you need to appear for the CDS examination which is conducted by the UPSC every year. Following is the eligibility criteria required to appear for the CDS examination as mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be within 19-25 years of age to be eligible to appear for the entrance examination.

3. You must have completed graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university to be eligible to appear for the entrance examination.

4. You must be an Unmarried Female Candidate.

Exam Pattern :-
There are two papers in the written test of CDS examination as follows :-
Paper-I :- English - 2 hours Duration - 100 Marks
Paper-II :- General Knowledge - 2 hours Duration - 100 Marks
Candidates who qualify in the written test will be called for Personal Interview and Candidates who perform well in the Personal Interview round will be selected for the Combined Defence Services.

Syllabus :-
The syllabus for CDS examination is given below :-
http://www.groundzeroinstitute.com/d...XAMINATION.pdf
The syllabus will be same for OTA as CDS, but, candidates appearing for OTA examination are not required to appear for the Maths Paper.
25th October 2014, 01:03 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about exam, syllabus, pattern and age limit of CDS exam for graduate girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am graduate in bachelor of science(maths, physics,computers). My cds exam is on 9 feb.2014. Which papers i have to give? What is the syallabus i should prepare? After appearing in that what others exams should i give? I want to go in officer line in army. Till now i am only graduate. Please tell me about age limit and syllabus?one of my friend told me that there is no maths exam for girls? How many papers i will have to give on 9th feb?

To notify you at the start,it is that there is no provision for Girls for CDS exam,as only unmarried male candidate is eligible for the exam.

This exam is being conducted by UPSC and is held twice a year for candidates to join in defence forces of India.The candidates who apply for the exam should satisfy:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Martial status
  • Education qualification

The Nationality standard states that the candidate should have a citizenship in India and the age limit needed for joining in Indian army is 19-24 years of age.The martial status needed for the exam is that the candidate should be a Unmarried male candidate.Education qualification needed is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the CDS exam

As you are a Girl,you are ineligible for applying for the exam

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
15th April 2015, 01:07 PM
amanshrivastava98

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?