15th January 2015, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Is it ok to have backlogs to apply for PSU jobs?

I had a kt in 1st semester.

My aggregate till 5th semester is 70%.

Am I eligible to apply for PSU job?

15th January 2015, 01:59 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it ok to have backlogs to apply for PSU jobs?

In order to get in to Public Sector Unit (PSU), you need to have a good GATE score. So, you need to appear for GATE and need to get a good score. Then based on the cut-off mark, you will be short listed for interview.

In order to appear for GATE, there is no percentage criteria. So, if you have less than 60% also, you are eligible for GATE and then based on that score, you can get in to PSU.

But at the time of joining the PSU, you need to clear all backlogs and need to submit your Graduation certificate at the time of joining. So, if you are having backlogs, you need to clear them now. Else, even having a good GATE score also does not help you to join PSU.
15th January 2015, 04:45 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it ok to have backlogs to apply for PSU jobs?

You are not eligible for PSU till you have backlog. If you clear your backlog then you will be eligible for PSU. However, the final selection depends on your performance in the entrance examination and the interview round and the vacancy in that PSU. Most of the top PSUs especially the ones who are holding Maharatna Status ask for 60% in the qualifying degree as the basic eligibility. So if you are aiming at them, then do well in the rest of the semesters and keep a percentage higher than 60.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?