3rd February 2015, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Distinction between MBA and PGDM courses?

hello sir
i am very confuse to choose between mba and pgdm.
please tell me that as I am in final year of my
graudation what i prefer more between these two
can you point out some big differences between these two?

4th February 2015, 08:08 PM
anair

Default Re: Distinction between MBA and PGDM courses?

MBA is a master's degree in Business Administration. MBA course deals with various aspects of business management like Accounting, Finance, Marketing and Human Resource.

PGDM is Post Graduate Diploma in Management. Institutes that are not affiliated to any university, that is they are autonomous, they cannot conduct MBA courses. However, this course is approved by the Government, so nothing to worry. Even IIMs and XLRI offer the diploma course.

Course wise both are lot alike. MBA degrees are offered by universities and very well known all over the world. If you are thinking about PGDM just make sure the institute you enroll into is AICTE accredited.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?