10th February 2015, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in CSIR/UGC NET if studying M.Sc in Geoinformatics?

Hello.
I've completed my BSc. Geology & now doing
my MSc. Geoinformatics @ Pune University.
Am i eligible for CSIR/UGC NET exam?
If yes,where can i get the details?
If no,is there any alternative to these exams?
Plz guide me!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for CSIR NET or UGC NET? Is there any alternative to these exams? I've completed my BSC.Geology from Pune University. Now I'm doing MSc Geoinformatics in Pune University
  2. What is the CSIR net eligibility?
  3. Am I eligible for CSIR/UGC NET? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to write UGC NET exam after completing MSc Geoinformatics in Gandhigram Rural Institute
  5. Annamalai University M.Sc in Geoinformatics (E.M) Introduction to Earth Sciences Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Where can I apply for Ph.d in Geoinformatics after completion of MSc Geoinformatics
  7. Annamalai University M.Sc in Geoinformatics (E.M) Aerial Photography And Photogrammetry Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. Am I eligible to apply for the course of MSc Geoinformatics if I am a final year in Botany Hons from Patna University
  9. Opportunities available for higher studies after B.E in Geo Informatics?
  10. Previous years question papers for ONGC graduate trainee?
  11. Can I write the NET CSIR exam for Geoinformatics?
  12. Am I eligible for JRF/CSIR and UGC NET after completing BSc Physics? What is the syllabus?
  13. Eligibility and scope of M.Sc IT? Job opportunities?
  14. Job opportunities and salary after doing MSc in Geoinformatics
  15. Am I eligible for SET or NET exam after studying MSc IT in Information Technology
  16. Annamalai University M.Sc in Geoinformatics (E.M) Information Technology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. Am I eligible for MSc Biotechnology after studying in BDS?
  18. What kind of jobs can I get after completion of MSc geoinformatics? What is the salary?
10th February 2015, 09:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CSIR/UGC NET if studying M.Sc in Geoinformatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello.
I've completed my BSc. Geology & now doing
my MSc. Geoinformatics @ Pune University.
Am i eligible for CSIR/UGC NET exam?
If yes,where can i get the details?
If no,is there any alternative to these exams?
Plz guide me!
You are doing M.Sc degree in Geo Informatics so you are eligible for CSIR NET exam if you have completed 2 semester of your masters degree.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.

www.csirhrdg.res.in/
10th February 2015, 10:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CSIR/UGC NET if studying M.Sc in Geoinformatics?

If you have got 55% marks in your M.Sc Geoinformatics from a recognized University then you are surely eligible for CSIR/UGC NET for that subject which closely relates to your Master's Degree stream. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

NET is conducted twice in a year and you can apply for it if you have got the above percentage of marks in your Master's Degree. Pune University is a recognized University and you are definitely eligible for this exam. Just be prepared for it because it is a national level exam and you have to perform excellently to qualify it.
18th August 2019, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

I did B.a. (hons) geography and now i am doing msc geoinformatics. I am little confuse that i am eligible for csir or ugc net?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?