21st February 2015, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Job opportunities after B.Sc Chemistry? What to do ti get in Petroleum Industry?

I am studying in SY.Bsc & wish to do TY.Bsc in chemistry, but I am unable to recognise weather mine Bsc is of HONS or GENERAL. If I want job in oil or petrolium industries what should I do?

22nd February 2015, 10:28 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Job opportunities after B.Sc Chemistry? What to do ti get in Petroleum Industry?

Chemistry is the one of the demanding subject in modern world. You can get jobs in various:

-Pharmaceutical Companies
-Medical Research
-Manufacturing and Processing Firms
-Testing Laboratories
-Technical Journals
-Chemical Laboratories
-Hospitals
-Diagnostic Centers
-Clinics
-Biotech Companies etc under the government.
-Seed and Nursery Schools
-Agricultural Research Services
-Educational Institutes

Apart from this ,you can find jobs in Indian Railways, Nationalized Banks , LIC, post offices and telegraph centers.
You can also become IAS and IPS officers.You can also enter into Indian Army,Navy and Air Force.

You can work as :-
1.Chemist.
2.Lecturer.
3.Pharmacist.
4.Geneticist.
5.Lab technician.
6.Plant Biochemist.
7.Researcher.
8.Scientist.
9.Radiologist.
10.Technical Writer

For job in Oil or Petroleum companies, you have to pursue higher studies since mostly they do not recruit B.Sc candidates. Hence you need to pursue higher studies to get job in them. However, some openings are there for B.Sc candidates wherein you need to clear written test followed by interview round and lastly medical examination to get selected.
7th January 2017, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Job opportunities after B.Sc Chemistry? What to do ti get in Petroleum Industry?

I'm in TYBsc chemistry after completed my graduation .... what is procedure to do a petroleum or oil gas industry Course?..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?