26th February 2015, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study Post Graduation in Economics being a B.Com graduate?

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have completed B.Com from Delhi University
But now I want to study Economics in Post Graduation.
So, Please tell me am I eligible for doing postgraduation?

Thanks !!!

Related Questions:
27th February 2015, 09:41 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Post Graduation in Economics being a B.Com graduate?

You have good Under graduation qualification. If you have taken the B.Com with at least a second division for Economics Discipline and First division for other Discipline. The applicant must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary level or should be able to demonstrate equivalent Mathematical ability
27th February 2015, 10:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Post Graduation in Economics being a B.Com graduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir / Madam,

I have completed B.Com from Delhi University
But now I want to study Economics in Post Graduation.
So, Please tell me am I eligible for doing postgraduation?

Thanks !!!
No, you are not eligible for Post Graduation course in Economics because you have completed B.Com degree.

Eligibility criteria for post graduation degree in Economics:-

1)Those candidates who have completed graduation degree in Economics are eligible for Post graduation degree in Economics.

2)Your minimum age should be 18 years.
11th April 2015, 08:31 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

If you want to study your Post Graduate Degree/ Master's degree in Economics then you must possess following eligibility criteria mentioned below :

Candidate must have passed bachelor's degree in Economics from a recognized university OR

Bachelor's degree in Mathematics (Honours) with Statistics and Economics as compulsory subjects OR

Graduate degree in Statistics with mathematics and Economics as compulsory subjects

Candidate must have passed degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.

If any candidate does not meet the above mentioned criteria then he/she will be denied of admission in the university/ institute.

If you have completed B.Com then you are not eligible to get admission in MA/MBA economics because you do not meet with the minimum required eligibility criteria.

You must not worry because you have completed B.Com at your graduation level and that will give you so many opportunities and offers to choose subjects for your master's degree that is why you are required to go for MBA because MBA is one of the most preferred master's degree among young graduates.

Choose specialization subject carefully and get guidance from your teachers/ senior students who have been pursuing MBA before you so they may guide you for the right subject to choose and as far as my views are concerned, you should choose any one of these subjects at MBA as specialization :

MBA in Accounting Management
MBA in Banking Administration
MBA in Banking and Finance
MBA in Human Resource Management
MBA in Financial Marketing Management

So these are the choices and if you want to change your stream then you may also go for other subjects :

MBA in Hospitality Management
MBA in Hotel and Catering Management
MBA in Travel and Tourism
MBA in Shipping and Logistics
MBA in Sales and Marketing

So choice is yours and you need to choose very carefully because this is the question of your career but take advice from experts then only you should step further.
13th April 2015, 06:26 PM
kunalroy89

Following is the eligiblity criteria for Delhi University Department of Economics for M.A Economics:
Eligibility Criteria / Entry Requirements

(i) B.A. (Hons.) Economics of the University of Delhi with 50% or more marks in the aggregate.

(ii) B.A. (Hons.) / B.Sc. (Hons.) Economics of any other Indian University recognized by the University of Delhi with 50% or more marks in the aggregate. In the case of Universities where the B.A./B.Sc. (Hons.) Economics degree includes courses other than Economics, the course shall be treated as an Honours course only if it contains at least 55% marks of the total marks in respect of papers in economics.

(iii) First Class with 60% or more marks in Graduate/Post-graduate degree in any other subject from the University of Delhi or any Indian University recognized by the University of Delhi.

If you have completed B.Com with above 60% you are perfectly eligible.
Check for more details on the website of DU at department of economics.As you are yourself from DU you would not face much problems.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?