6th March 2015, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for NET examination if my percentage in M.A English is 54.5%

Am I eligible to appear in net examination 2015 as my marks percentage in ma English program is 54.5%?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for NET exam after passing M.A English with 53.50
  2. Government rules for minimum marks required for government job?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in NET/SLET exam? I've passed my M.A(Distance learning) in English? What's the minimum percentage required and No. of Attempts available?
  4. Am I eligible to get admission in M.A English after scoring 64% marks in English and 55 in English discipline
  5. Am I eligible to attend NET exam in English after scoring 53% marks in M.A English? I have scored 55% in M.Phil English
  6. What needs to be done after completion of M.Com for Lectureship/Professorship?
  7. What's the percentage requirement for B.Ed course? I've completed BA(English and literature) and secured 46.75% marks
  8. Age and percentage relaxation in NET for Defence personnel?
  9. Which are the banks having 55% eligibility criteria for the post of bank clerk?
  10. Am i eligible for SET NET after scoring 50% in M.A English
  11. Eligibility criteria for becoming a teacher in colleges/schools? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How can I join BSc Agriculture after scoring 49.545 in EAMCET
  13. Am I eligible to write NET after doing PG English Literature
  14. Can I give the PO exam after passing 12th? I have scored 82% in 12th so can I sit for the PO exam?
  15. Which books should I refer for NET Exam having completed MA in English?
  16. Am I eligible for NET Exam having scored 52.5% of marks in M.Com course?
  17. How to start a career in Film Writing (Telugu media)?
  18. Am I eligible to appear for NET and SLET from JNT? What is the age limit for NET and SLET? What is the percentage?
23rd March 2015, 01:26 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET examination if my percentage in M.A English is 54.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to appear in net examination 2015 as my marks percentage in ma English program is 54.5%?
NET stands for the National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by the UGC (University Grant Commission) every year.

Candidates who have completed their Master's degree or PG (Post Graduation) or its equivalent from the UGC recognized university are eligible for this test.

But, they should have secured at least 55% marks (Without Rounding Off) in their Master's Degree or its equivalent.

Candidates from reserved categories such as OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD should have secured at least 50% marks.

As you have mentioned that you have scored 54.87% marks in your MA English then, you would eligible for this exam only if you were belong to any reserved category.
25th March 2015, 09:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET examination if my percentage in M.A English is 54.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are not eligible for UGC NET exam because your masters degree marks is below 55%.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
31st March 2015, 11:24 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NET is National Eligibility Test. University Grants Commission conducts this entrance exam twice every year.

Minimum academic requirement is master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of master's degree can apply for the exam.

The minimum percentage of marks is 55 % in master's degree for general and OBC category candidates. 5% relaxation in marks to SC/ST candidates.

So, you are eligible to appear for the NET 2015 with 54.5 % in master's degree only if you are from SC/ST category otherwise not eligible.

For more details regarding NET exam, www.ugc.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?