31st March 2015, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IAS after completion of Graduation in Liberal Art?

I want to know that..

Can I sit for IAS Exam if I do my graduation from a Liberal Art (B.LA)??
And also,
What would be the steps for me to chose If I also want to sit for PCS (J)..when my graduation is from Liberal Arts.Is it even possible for me to sit for PCS (J)??

31st March 2015, 05:28 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS after completion of Graduation in Liberal Art?

IAS exam stands for Indian Administrative Service which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility for IAS exam-

You should have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university. Appearing candidates are also eligible.

Age limit-

Your age should be between 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved catedotry candidate.

3 years age relaxation for OBC,

5 Years age relaxation for SC/ST

Number of Attempts-

OBC- 5 times

SC/ST- 7 times

Selection Process;-

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

Interview
31st March 2015, 10:53 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS after completion of Graduation in Liberal Art?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know that..

And also,
What would be the steps for me to chose If I also want to sit for PCS (J)..when my graduation is from Liberal Arts.Is it even possible for me to sit for PCS (J)??

Yeah, you are eligible for the IAS exam as regarding the educational qualification which you have possessed. The education qualification states that the candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university and that can be from any stream of education. Added to the education qualification there are certain other qualification which are also needed to be satisfied to apply for the IAS exam.

To apply for the IAS exam the candidate should have a citizenship in India as per the nationality standard. The age limit needed by a general category candidate is 21-30 years, for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

The candidates are selected for the post through 3 stages:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

If you satisfy all the criteria's needed for the exam then you can apply for the IAS exam and that can be done in 2 ways:
  1. ONLINE
  2. OFFLINE

To know more information regarding the IAS exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st April 2015, 10:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know that..

And also,

Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
3rd April 2015, 02:36 PM
Ashwakh

If your graduation in Liberal Art is done from a Recognised University ,then you no need to bother about applying for the IAS exam . You are eligible for the exam . But , you need to check other points in the IAS exam eligiblity criteria . those are ,

~ Your age shouldbe in between 21-30 years , if you belong to Open category
~ Your age shouldbe in between 21-33 years , if you belong to OBC Category
~ Your age shouldbe in between 21-35 years , if you belong to SC , ST category
~ You shouldbe a citizen of India

If you meet the above eligiblity criteria points , then you can apply for the exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?